Elections Republicans in disarray(with new disarray!)

lmfao. holy crap. crazy marge says that they changed it from 5 members to 1 member to call for removal of the speaker, and that one member can be from either party. apparently some democrat is ready to do just that. according to crazy marge anyways. i would take what she says with a grain of salt.

alright kevin you've had your 2 days to bask in the spotlight. its time for you to move on. i nominate The Rock for speaker.

It was a MAGA fucktard proposal... pick a fucking lane Margie.

Is that a low enough percentage that they should be excluded from voting or should we use tax dollars to make sure they can get one?

You do realize that GA allocated tax dollars to provide anyone that didnt have photo ID with a free Georgia ID?

Texas did too. VA allows you to use a utility bill, work ID, tax statement, addressed medical bill or even just allow you to certify that you are who you claim.. NC was similar to VA when democrats took the NC law it to court cfor being racist.

I can't tell you about the rest of the states, but considering GA, TX, and NC were huge news for being called "racist laws", I'm guessing that they're all pretty similar.

GOP strategist alleges powerful conservative, Matt Schlapp sexually assaulted him

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/11/politics/cpac-matt-schlapp-sexual-assault-allegations/index.html

i dont know much of anything about this pervert, but i'm guessing he's also all about family values, seeing how he's also a former herschel walker aide.

I wonder if these cunts wouldn't be better off if they just admitted to being gay and finding like minded people? Honestly I think it's all the repression of their true selves that is so destructive. I mean, there are gay clubs/apps and I assume other avenues such that they needn't be in the closet.

That said, if "grab them by the pussy" works for straight Republicans, I guess squeeze the sack is the gay version of that technique?

Turns out getting Schlappy with it wasn't a great idea.

OGC.b025c48365cee97eafcff0a62bb7a574

Any idea how many students migrate to the Wonderland that is Texas to go to school?
Alternatively, why the fuck wouldn't they just mail in their vote to their home state?

Sounds like a red herring to me, when the actual issue is that younger, more educated folks tend to skew Democrat these days, and recent history has demonstrated time and again that the state of Texas does everything they can to discourage the Democratic base from voting &/or Gerrymandering the fuck out of the state.

AFAIK you'd have to pull stats from each college in the state, but UT is 10.3% ~ 4500. BTW, UT is forbiden by state law to go over 10%. Texas A&M is 5.3% ~ 4000. TCU is 55% ~ 5000. Texas Tech is 7% ~ 2500. Austin Peay doesn't have %, but looks like ~ 2000.

I don't know all the schools in Texas, but that's 18k at just 5. Moreover, living in state doesn't mean you are local - Around 40% of the students at VT (located in sw VA) are from northern VA. That makes approx 18k students from Richmond/DC area that could potentially vote on local issues.

Oh, and college aged voters are the least likely to vote by demographic; I doubt that law makers were really trying to get less of them to vote.

Edit:
Baylor 46% ~ 6000.
Rice 51% ~ 3400
U North Texas 4% ~ 1600
SMU 58% ~ 6900

There's still Houston, Midland, Dallas University, Prairie View A&M, A&M Corpus Cristi, Stephen Austin, Dallas Baptist, Trinity, ACU, St. Edwards, Edward's, St. Marys, St. Thomas, St. Phillip, Incarnate Word, Stephen F. Austin

Last edited:
AFAIK you'd have to pull stats from each college in the state, but UT is 10.3% ~ 4500. BTW, UT is forbiden by state law to go over 10%. Texas A&M is 5.3% ~ 4000. TCU is 55% ~ 5000. Texas Tech is 7% ~ 2500. Austin Peay doesn't have %, but looks like ~ 2000.

I don't know all the schools in Texas, but that's 18k at just 5. Moreover, living in state doesn't mean you are local - Around 40% of the students at VT (located in sw VA) are from northern VA. That makes approx 18k students from Richmond/DC area that could potentially vote on local issues.

Oh, and college aged voters are the least likely to vote by demographic; I doubt that law makers were really trying to get less of them to vote

College AGED voters are not the same as College EDUCATED voters, and you don't have to doubt that that the Texas GOP would rather they don't vote, their actions demonstrate it to be true.

So 18K out of state folks that POTENTIALLY could attempt to vote in Texas...and you know it's no where near that number, as most will vote in their home state (if they vote at all). In a state with just under 19 million voters. Yep, seems like a definite red herring to me.
Not even going to bother with the "local matters" folks since we were talking about a Federal election.
Kind of a different kettle of fish.

I'm sure dems are convinced that it's a racist ploy to stop minorities from voting.
It's actually about college kids that don't change their residency, but then voting in the towns they are "visiting".

If students would change residency - ie pay taxes in the locality then it wouldn't be an issue

Well, if we're being honest, it's a ploy to prevent groups who are more likely to vote Democratic from voting. The GOP doesn't feel like it can win elections if all legal voters vote.

Why did you not leave the part of my post with Democrat leaders (Holder, Shumer, Abrams, Clyburn) calling voter ID racist?

"Voter ID" is sometimes used to mean "photo ID for voters." As you know. And that's the matter of controversy.

College AGED voters are not the same as College EDUCATED voters, and you don't have to doubt that that the Texas GOP would rather they don't vote, their actions demonstrate it to be true.

So 18K out of state folks that POTENTIALLY could attempt to vote in Texas...and you know it's no where near that number, as most will vote in their home state (if they vote at all). In a state with just under 19 million voters. Yep, seems like a definite red herring to me.
Not even going to bother with the "local matters" folks since we were talking about a Federal election.
Kind of a different kettle of fish.

I only listed 5 schools there are at leadt 10 more major schools and dizens upon dozens of smaller & ptivate schools in Texas.

In 1 breath you insinuate that kids going to college actually vote and in the next you suggest these out of state kids may not even vote.

I hope that you realize that there were far more state and local elections voted on during the recent midterms than congessional elections; and they're all on the same ballots so you can't ignore that kettle of fish and just talk about federal elections.

I only listed 5 schools there are at leadt 10 more major schools and dizens upon dozens of smaller & ptivate schools in Texas.

In 1 breath you insinuate that kids going to college actually vote and in the next you suggest these out of state kids may not even vote.

I hope that you realize that there were far more state and local elections voted on during the recent midterms than congessional elections; and they're all on the same ballots so you can't ignore that kettle of fish and just talk about federal elections.
The point I was making is that the numbers of out of state College students that would actually want to vote in Texas is a miniscule number in relation to the actual residents of the state. It's also a very low number relative to the number of resident College kids, so I would suggest that using that rationale to disallow using student id's for voting purposes is an obvious misdirect.

Yeah I thought the Republicans hated drag queens?

Why keep this guy in office then?

Yeah I thought the Republicans hated drag queens?

Why keep this guy in office then?
The same reason they let Trump take the party over in '16. The power to push your agenda at any cost.

Back