Republican voters now favor single payer health care

bad seed

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
From a new Reuters poll:
2G53LVf.png

By the slimmest of margins, but nonetheless a huge step forward as conservative voters are realizing how ridiculous it was to vote against their interests on such a fundamentally important issue.

It's not all that surprising. Social democracy is popular/populist. Identity politics is divisive. In the US, you've got one side which is totally for the rich, but doesn't openly condemn their base as racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. And then the other side thinly veils that they're for the rich while playing identity politics bullshit games. It sucks.

glad people are finally coming around

its not perfect but it really doesnt look like theres any other way to do it effectively
People born sick have been screwed for years

obama care screwed a lot of middle class people

employers cant afford it any more and people cant either

Its about time

glad people are finally coming around

its not perfect but it really doesnt look like theres any other way to do it effectively
People born sick have been screwed for years

obama care screwed a lot of middle class people

employers cant afford it any more and people cant either

Its about time
Yes, all the metrics show that if we joined the rest of the Western world we would actually save money, besides all the obvious benefits to individuals and society as a whole.

looks like people are waking up

It's about fucking time, honest to fuck how long can you watch people go bankrupt over hospital stays before you wake the fuck up?

Regarding Obamacare. It's pretty obvious to me that regardless of whatever problems it may have (had) it probably could have been much better if the Republicans had cooperated in its development rather than block and obstruct it at every possible opportunity. It more or less worked the way it was (before Trump & the Republicans fucked with it) so think how much better the legislation could have been with constructive input from the other side of the isle instead of combativeness at every turn?

So here's hoping that blue wave is a fucking tsunami cause that's some bullshit right there.

It's about fucking time, honest to fuck how long can you watch people go bankrupt over hospital stays before you wake the fuck up?

Regarding Obamacare. It's pretty obvious to me that regardless of whatever problems it may have (had) it probably could have been much better if the Republicans had cooperated in its development rather than block and obstruct it at every possible opportunity. It more or less worked the way it was (before Trump & the Republicans fucked with it) so think how much better the legislation could have been with constructive input from the other side of the isle instead of combativeness at every turn?

So here's hoping that blue wave is a fucking tsunami cause that's some bullshit right there.

This.

You don’t bring out a system as complex as Obamacare and not expect thousands of bugs and problems. In the engineering world you roll that bitch out to the field test it and fix what is wrong with it. We rolled this bitch out and Republicans stonewalled any efforts into improving and developing it further so they could turn around and tell the public it sucks and is a failure...

It's not all that surprising. Social democracy is popular/populist. Identity politics is divisive. In the US, you've got one side which is totally for the rich, but doesn't openly condemn their base as racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. And then the other side thinly veils that they're for the rich while playing identity politics bullshit games. It sucks.

This reflects a rather serious misunderstanding of what identity politics is. The basic story is that the majority of the public is left on policy and right on identity issues so the left-leaning party tries to make elections about policy and the right-wing party tries to make elections about identity. It's amazing that some people have so much trouble grasping such a simple dynamic.

It would be interesting to see who these republicans are. Are they republicans from New York City or San Fran? I just find this a little hard to believe.

This reflects a rather serious misunderstanding of what identity politics is. The basic story is that the majority of the public is left on policy and right on identity issues so the left-leaning party tries to make elections about policy and the right-wing party tries to make elections about identity. It's amazing that some people have so much trouble grasping such a simple dynamic.
Whatever, Jack. People like a carefree live and let live social liberalism, like what we had in the 60s and 70s. What people don't like is modern identity politics where it's all judgemental and all about calling people out for the tiniest of infractions. Yeah, the average person doesn't like being constantly told how racist and sexist and homophobic they are and how they need to check their privilege. Keep playing these games, Jack, and keep losing. Keep nominating losers like Hillary.

From a new Reuters poll:
2G53LVf.png

By the slimmest of margins, but nonetheless a huge step forward as conservative voters are realizing how ridiculous it was to vote against their interests on such a fundamentally important issue.

Yep. This is one of those cases where if the facts are presented accurately you get overwhelming support from most people. Only the extreemely wealthy and selfish or extreem ideology are against what UHC really is.

The Republicans will just continue to ignore the will of the voters and have just enough brainwashed morons in the right states to get away with it.

I didnt hate Obamacare even though I lost my insurance because of it. The whole thing needs to be burned to the ground. Insurance companies need to be eliminated. They are why healthcare costs are so outrageous. I got an x-ray once and they billed my insurance $1200. My insurance was declined and they said if I pay out of pocket it will be $100

This is one reason why the Democrats need to run on healthcare, healthcare, healthcare.

Healthcare.

Whatever, Jack. People like a carefree live and let live social liberalism, like what we had in the 60s and 70s. What people don't like is modern identity politics where it's all judgemental and all about calling people out for the tiniest of infractions. Yeah, the average person doesn't like being constantly told how racist and sexist and homophobic they are and how they need to check their privilege. Keep playing these games, Jack, and keep losing. Keep nominating losers like Hillary.
Why do you fail to see the far left's radical femninist positions are far less dangerous than the actual harm caused by the identity politics of the right- that exploit their white male constituency to support positions that are harmful to them? Do you think campus protestors insulting privileged classes have a greater effect than Republican lawmakers stripping away working class rights?

The "average person" should be thoughtful enough to understand that and not get outraged over activism that points out inequalities.

This is one of the brilliant masterstrokes of conservative trolls. To fool the public parrot the belief they are being oppressed by SJWs.

Keep playing these games, Jack, and keep losing. Keep nominating losers like Hillary.

Y'all beat one candidate and you think Republicans are invincible. Your champ barely beat Glass-Jaw Joe after the moon and stars aligned for him, and now he's is having trouble making it to the scale for the next fight.

Back