Reporter tries to find out why UFC is so popular with men...

Dan Hardys opinion that if everyone in the UFC wasn't a fighter they'd be beating the shit out of their spouse was hella weird, though.
Yeah, Hardy is usually pretty on the ball, but that bit was a little out there.

I think I know what he meant, but he didn't explain it very well.

What pisses me off is the attitude/ideology of the people making that video.
Like, "Go see these stupid chimps/men and see why they like this sport". As if masculinity, to them, is a cheap social construct and not something biological and primal. But I could go into a complete thesis behind what the people behind the Guardian believe (social-progressivism). These people are literally shaming men in the West right now and turning them into soyboys.

I don't generally read the Guardian so I have no idea about any overall agenda (I don't really give a shit either way to be honest), but that piece was balanced, the reporter went in with an open mind and came out with respect for the sport.

She essentially did the same kind of report that was done by hundreds of other reporters when UFC was gaining in popularity 10-15 years ago, but she put the current “woke” coating on it.

good for her using it as an excuse to go to ufc 244 though. Maybe that was her plan all along...

What pisses me off is the attitude/ideology of the people making that video.
Like, "Go see these stupid chimps/men and see why they like this sport". As if masculinity, to them, is a cheap social construct and not something biological and primal. But I could go into a complete thesis behind what the people behind the Guardian believe (social-progressivism). These people are literally shaming men in the West right now and turning them into soyboys.
You have issues dude. There was nothing at all like that in the video. I think you are projecting.

Broflake detected.

Haha, and to top it all off, Trump was also in attendance. She got a good gist of toxic masculinity that week.

Lmao all she did was compliment the UFC.
You guys call the guardian snowflakes yet get triggered when a liberal woman attempts to learn about the UFC.

Because we’re all affa males. Simple at that. Not all men like UFC.

Because all these fat motherfuckers need something to hate on <Lmaoo>

Lmao all she did was compliment the UFC.
You guys call the guardian snowflakes yet get triggered when a liberal woman attempts to learn about the UFC.
You have issues dude. There was nothing at all like that in the video. I think you are projecting.

Broflake detected.
Its because he prob hasnt watched it. The guardian is a raging left wing outlet masquerading as something honest and unbias. It's overbearing in the UK. Try and tell us (if you can see the forest for the trees) you don't find CNN irritating over there.

also lol'd at Helwani looking genuinely tough when listening to this woman speak

Its because he prob hasnt watched it. The guardian is a raging left wing outlet masquerading as something honest and unbias. It's overbearing in the UK. Try and tell us (if you can see the forest for the trees) you don't find CNN irritating over there.
He claims to have watched it, which makes it worse.

I can see being irritated by biased reporting, but this piece wasn't at all, as far as I could tell. If anything it was pro-UFC.

He 100% didn't watch it lol.

Literally just got done watching this was considering posting. I'll give her credit, she isn't one of those judgey Vice correspondents. She seems open minded and willing to listen.

Last edited:
men like competition, and fighting is the ultimate form of competition.

no ball, no team, just you vs the opponent, whose skills and physical attributes will be the better man/woman on the night.

doesnt really need a 16 min video to answer that

edit: its nice to see she done her research, she called Dan Hardy a former champion ffs

It's because he's a misogynist douchebag.

Alright... dial it back a little there Trudeau. Yes it was a fair and balanced piece, but it's not like it's unreasonable to assume that a news story about masculinity coming the Guardian is going to be biased.

What would you assume if you saw a story featured on Brierbart's YouTube channel that was about planned parenthood?

Back