Replacing Velcro with Laces?

nivek535

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
anyone have experience/success/failure/tips replacing velcro gloves with laces?
ie: cutting off the velcro strap, punching holes in glove, and stringing it up with laces.

Last edited:
Seems like a bad idea. Is buying new gloves simply out of the question?

Seems like a bad idea. Is buying new gloves simply out of the question?
I already bought this glove, non-lace version. prefer laces. Thanks for reply!
Question though, why does it seem like a bad idea?

I already bought this glove, non-lace version. prefer laces. Thanks for reply!
Question though, why does it seem like a bad idea?

If just sell them And buy lace ups. I honestly can't even comprehend anybody actually considering this.

I've thought about it. But only with certain gloves. A few gloves I know are basically of the same build as their lace up counterparts, but then there are those which I really doubt would transition well.

If just sell them And buy lace ups. I honestly can't even comprehend anybody actually considering this.
lets just say i got a huge discount over 50%, great pair of velcro gloves. could be made better if it was laces instead of velcro.
do you comprehend now?
the cost of getting rid of it and buying another one is not worth it.
i live in an area where the market for gloves is absolutely dead.

I've thought about it. But only with certain gloves. A few gloves I know are basically of the same build as their lace up counterparts, but then there are those which I really doubt would transition well.
Fair enough, considered the build of gloves as well. Looks do-able. Just looking for extra tips if anyone ever tried it.
Thanks for the reply :)

lets just say i got a huge discount over 50%, great pair of velcro gloves. could be made better if it was laces instead of velcro.
do you comprehend now?
the cost of getting rid of it and buying another one is not worth it.
i live in an area where the market for gloves is absolutely dead.

I still do t comprehend it, I'd just use the Velcro and next time around get the lace ups. Each to their own though.

If gloves are scarce, I'd be concerned about ruining them and making them unusable.

I still do t comprehend it, I'd just use the Velcro and next time around get the lace ups. Each to their own though.

If gloves are scarce, I'd be concerned about ruining them and making them unusable.
Hmm makes sense what you're saying.
I don't like velcro because i have small and fragile wrists, laces really help me minimize the risk of an injury.
I just don't see too much of a problem chopping off the velcro and putting holes in to lace em up instead.
That's why im asking for tips/pitfalls to watch out for.
Construction looks very similar to lace gloves.

What kind of gloves are you starting with? I noticed that my velcro Twins didn't want to go tightly over my wrists, but found that by rolling the cuff into a tight tube and closing the velcro over it before putting them away at night quickly gave the cuff a more rounded form and better fit. Might be worth trying before you cut the strap off and can't go back.

What kind of gloves are you starting with? I noticed that my velcro Twins didn't want to go tightly over my wrists, but found that by rolling the cuff into a tight tube and closing the velcro over it before putting them away at night quickly gave the cuff a more rounded form and better fit. Might be worth trying before you cut the strap off and can't go back.
oh thats a really interesting tip.
Could you show me a photo of it just to clarify any misinterpretations?
Thanks a lot marvelous joey :)!!

Here you go, I got rid of the twins already (too bulky) but here's the same thing done to my KO's. Just roll the cuff as tight as you can and slap the velcro on.20160301_131638_LLS_resized.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back