Repeat of Roger with conor?

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I remember how similar Roger rise was to the top. Like conor overcoming Chad Mendes Roger overcame clay guida and both Conor and Roger became extremely emotional after victory.

What I remember was before Ken florian fight Roger became this egomaniac who wanted to become a movie star because he dumped Celeste for some famous chick who was in comedy sitcom. From there his life turned to shit. Lost to Kenny and lost again. Got released was getting brutally beaten by guys like war machine and of course the famous chick dumped him despite promising the Hollywood life and enjoying sushi in l.a but that dream went to shit. Though a redeeming moment when he had that street brawl but all and all a terrible career.

Now conor went farther than Roger in fame and success but also far in decadent behaviour and infamy. With Roger he got tricked by that awful famous actress from the sitcom. But conor is doing it to himself. Although it's not too late for conor his name has been placed in pop culture so unlike Roger he can redeem him self and not be a loser with regrets. I mean he is a bigger name than any actress in Hollywood but by no means is he as iconic as a Tyson or Ali.

What do you think? Is this Roger on repeat or does this story have a redemption chapter?

Edit:

Roger huerta DUH!

The evil actress that distracted Roger by false promise of Hollywood success.

1018.jpg

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Huerta

you didn’t ever mention his last name

random thread, but hey

Ha, you're really reaching to draw some sort of comparison.

Who the hell is Roger? Took me a few paragraphs to work it out. Roger Gracie? Roger Mayweather? Roger Rabbit? Nope. Roger Huerta.

You are quickly becoming one of the worst thread starters in the Heavies. You really rocketed into contention outta nowhere. Hespect.

Who the hell is Roger? Took me a few paragraphs to work it out. Roger Gracie? Roger Mayweather? Roger Rabbit? Nope. Roger Huerta.
I mean but did it really

I figured Roger Huerta immediately

First mma athlete on the cover of sports illustrated you casual
Also KOd an A level athlete NFL prospect who was tree times the size of him with one left

Dont you ever mention Conor in the same breath. Roger is a fooking pioneer
Without Roger there would he no Brock, no Ronda no Conor

Put some respect on that mans name

You know what

I gotta take a breather before I get all emotional and shit

Dam
Ignorance

I mean but did it really

Also KOd an A level athlete NFL prospect who was tree times the size of him with one left

You know what

Dam
Ignorance

I honestly thought Roger Gracie . Roger Huerta isn't big enough to call him by just his first name. It's not like he's Brock or Randy. Imo. Roger bless though.

Roger Huerta vs clay guida was a classic that’s all I have to say

You ever say a name or word in your head so much that it no longer makes sense.

They both fought MMA at lightweight and had brief mainstream recognition, so there’s that. Otherwise, I don’t see the comparison.

I don’t even ...

You do now I edited op.

Huerta

you didn’t ever mention his last name

random thread, but hey

At least you know right Roger.

Huerta obviously.

You are quickly becoming one of the worst thread starters in the Heavies. You really rocketed into contention outta nowhere. Hespect.

I know back handed compliments but I had no i dear there was a back handed insults. Kind of nice in so.e strange way but ultimately not appreciated.

I mean but did it really

You know what

Dam
Ignorance

Finally someone that gets it!

Edit:

Roger huerta DUH!

LOL.

Using only a first or last name immediately presumes we ALL know whom we are talking about. Clearly, that wasn’t the case here, man.

tenor.gif

Back