Renzo Gracie's son follows his footsteps - gets into beef w/ 4 people

lol @ this, believing what your son tells you after he gets in a fight.

"i didn't start it", said everybody ever.

4 more Gracie wins in a street fight. That puts their self-reported record at an impressive 5,743-0.

Japanese jiu jitsu lmao! Did Japanese jiu jitsu change the martial arts scene around the entire world? GJJ/BJJ is so effective every UFC fight learns it to some degree. Have some respect you little shit, without the Gracie's there'd be no UFC, no sherdog. You'd still have Japanese jiu jitsu fighters claiming to be able to fend off 10 guys, with the touch of death.

Well said. People love to hate the gracies and their jj/bjj, but before them, the martial arts scene was a joke.

it was style vs style!!

& they proved that BJJ was & still is superior.

most if not all modern mma fighters train modified form of judo(BJJ & sambo) with the exception of catch & luta livre purists.

So was Kimura vs Helio

Judo vs Brazilian Jiujitsu

Only person who can fight 4 guys at once is 1987 Dan Quinn.

Your average derp 5'10" and 160 pound guy on the street x2 or x3 with one generic TUF maybe 6'1 and 180 pound dude is very doable for a kid whose dad is an MMA guy and has probably been training his whole life.

Not like WOW NINJA but like if it's 4 giant derps to knock down, not that shocking.

lol at all the holier than thou people in this thread trying to place judgment on the Gracies.

And that's how Rickson got his 300-0 record.
"Dad! I fought 4 people and got only a scratch, can I count that as my win records?"
"Sure son! let's double that up to 8 wins plus your 92 wins and now you are 100-0!"

lol at all the holier than thou people in this thread trying to place judgment on the Gracies.

The poster below you is on to something.

It's that the Gracie's have a rep for getting into some questionable brawls.

If it was self defense? I think everyone would change their tune, but I haven't seen that yet.

there were plenty of catch wrestlers and japanese jiujitsu fighters that would have whupped Royce's ass back in 1991. but they were purposely excluded from this "gracie" exhibition.

Gracies are marketing machine. Nothing more. they commercialized the product, didn't really add or innovate much.

Much credit to Royce, if you had to fight, Shamrock, Gordeau, Kimo or Severn, no weight class, no rounds and had fight 3-4 times in the same night. You would've shit yourself and crawled back to your mom's basement, with your tail between your legs. You don't know shit, that took a lot of balls.

Didn't innovate much? Did you crawl out from under a rock? It's because of the Gracie's, that almost all MMA fighters learn GJJ/BJJ or learn how to defend against it.

really making the gracies look bad....no one fights 4 guys with bjj.

really making the gracies look bad....no one fights 4 guys with bjj.

Royce, Rorion, Renzo also teach street defense GJJ. There are other aspects of GJJ other than groundfighting, you ignorant fool. There's throws, trips, slams, strikes, standing self defense techniques etc. One good slam/hip toss on the concrete will knock you the fuck out. One drill we did was 2 guys wear boxing gloves and try to knock your head off while you defend.

Obviously when there's more than assailant, you dont go to the ground. You'd get soccer kicked. No GJJ instructor will EVER teach groungfighting techniques against multiple opponents.

Your average derp 5'10" and 160 pound guy on the street x2 or x3 with one generic TUF maybe 6'1 and 180 pound dude is very doable for a kid whose dad is an MMA guy and has probably been training his whole life.

um no. Have you ever even seen a 4 on 1 fight or a 3 on 1 fight, or even a 2 on 1 fight?

No, it just doesn't work well for the one. I've seen those kinds of fights by people trying to kill each other in the prison I work at. 3 weenie little chesters went after the most feared guy in the prison and took him apart easily.

no you just have limited understanding of japanese jiujitsu which is a far more complete system than what gracies co-opted

Maybe you should explain Japanese JJ to Remco Pardoel, the 280lbs jjj blackbelt who got humiliated by Royce in UFC 2. Remco couldn't do sh1t with his traditional jj, looked like a bjj white belt.

Screen-Shot-2014-06-04-at-9.46.48-AM.png

Renzo Gracie

lol this.
while he is applying a choke or something on one guy, 3 others proceed tostomp his head into the concrete.

Doesn't work like that in Brazil street fights........the 3 wait and the jump into his gaurd one by one and get subbed

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back