Renzo Gracie Invitational (Tourney in Bayonne, NJ)

PsyKahTik

White Belt
Reaction score
Didn't see any threads about the Renzo Gracie Invitational in Bayonne NJ. Its this upcoming Saturday, and I was wondering if anyone from here planned on going. Im competing in Teens Novice, Middleweight (145-165). Ive been training for almost 7 months, and its my first tournament.

Competing at 200-215 6months +, instructor's been hinting that if i place, i get my blue :D sent in my registration 2day, and am gonna weigh in the day b4

Why weigh in the day before? Its a local tourney, nothing as big as NAGA, for instance. Originally I was gunna weigh in friday, but if you ahve the option to weigh in Sat morning...why not? maybe im missing something...

Good luck though, should be fun as hell.

Im gonna weigh in the night before because im hovering around the 220 mark rite now, so i can just cut a few lbs the day b4, and weigh in, then rehydrate before the tourny the next day, its not a far trip for me to the Manhattan academy maybe 30 mins

Oh okay, gotcha. Makes sense now, but me on the other hand am 155-158ish and have room for 7 more lbs so no worries for me.

But yea im 6mo and under, just reached 6mo last week so Im at the top somewhat. Trying not to be cocky, but Im pretty confident with myself. Still have to go over so,me more takedowns this week...

lol dont be too sure, beware the ever present sandbaggers

psykahtik,as far as new england goes, it does rival naga!i'd say 4/500,competitors last year..i lost in the brown belt finals and thought it was one of the better tourneys i'd been to!all gi/invitational only

I'll be there repping Serra's videotaping due to an injury :/

I have never competed in a tournament before- invitational means you need an invite right? or is it open to anyone who wants to register?

Invitational in that it is open to RGA affiliated schools and those invited by RGA. It's not open to everyone.

Invitational in that it is open to RGA affiliated schools and those invited by RGA. It's not open to everyone.
That actually means the competition will be really solid, and without angry ninjas coming in pajamas and getting their arms broken.

you mean ninjas dont train in the renzo gracie association?

you are wrong my friend, i am.....in fact.....a ninja

you mean ninjas dont train in the renzo gracie association?

you are wrong my friend, i am.....in fact.....a ninja

Kimuralex tells no lie, he's everywhere!

ninjas.jpg

Competing at 200-215 6months +, instructor's been hinting that if i place, i get my blue :D sent in my registration 2day, and am gonna weigh in the day b4

I'll be competing in the same division my friend. Where do you train?

Bring a video cam and post up the finals :D
Good luck to all competing!

Back