Rener Gracie taking questions on Reddit

More like ask me anything that's been pre-screened and approved by an underpaid intern.

I like the guy asking about opening an acai bowl food truck lol

The questions are terrible so far. here's a sample:

-Who do you think is the women's gi-pants thief?

-Rener, would you be interested in opening an A

Most of those questions....ugh.

So it's a bunch of people asking Rener facetious trolling questions?

Big surprise. Anyone ask about the Gracie Squat and Push yet?

So it's a bunch of people asking Rener facetious trolling questions?

Big surprise. Anyone ask about the Gracie Squat and Push yet?

And annoying white belt questions.

Something tells me every answer will be a plug for some Gracie Academy

It has started! Rener is online

But I am going to bed

'Why did you let "G in a gi" happen?'

Ahahahahahah! Best question.

'Why did you let "G in a gi" happen?'

costanza-wink.gif

And annoying white belt questions.

Welcome to the BJJ subreddit. 99 percent of what is posted are questions from white belts and other white belts giving advice or memes.

I post there a bit but I avoid most of it. Honestly, most of the posts could be answered by one of two answers:

1. More Mat Time
2. Ask your instructor

Well that was pretty disappointing. he was on for about two hours, left 30 or so replies. Not much new insight, to be honest. some replies were long, but it was the usual Gracie Academy talking points.

True to form, there was a lot of product plugging and Official Gracie Academy

Last edited:
* He believes there are Gracies who have "little or no commitment to any kind of quality standard," and that is why his dad Rorion trademarked the Gracie Jiu Jitsu name.[/b]

Any ideas who he was alluding to? Can't be Cesar since it took Terrell and the Diaz Brothers ages to get theirs and they are legit. He's also close to Kron and Kron is a total bro with Cesar and his guys.

Renzo maybe?

Any ideas who he was alluding to? Can't be Cesar since it took Terrell and the Diaz Brothers ages to get theirs and they are legit. He's also close to Kron and Kron is a total bro with Cesar and his guys.

Renzo maybe?

Renzo was teaching with Rorion at the time, so no. There are Gracies who have bad reputations, like Reylson over in Vegas, and maybe some in Brazil we never heard of. This was back in the early 90s. There are way more Gracies than you think, it isn't just the famous ones you see on the internet all the time.

^ Yep, Reylson Gracie was known for having very shady business practices. He actually gave himself the title Grandmaster, if that tells you something. Which is a shame, because his son Rodrigo is awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back