Renato Moicano interested in fight with fellow Brazilian Jose Aldo

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
moicano30.jpeg

"The people have been talking about it a lot. It's a fight that I, as a fan, would not like. I'm a fan of Jose Aldo the same way I'm a Edgar fan, but if the UFC puts us to fight, there's no way, right? Two Brazilians on top. It's a Brazilian who is coming, and Aldo, who is a legend of the sport. I'm a professional and if we have to fight one day, I'll put this fan thing aside and fight to beat him.''

https://sportv.globo.com/site/comba...enfrentar-o-idolo-jose-aldo-e-uma-lenda.ghtml

that's not what he said on the interview, but hey. he would fight if the ufc would put the fight together, but it's not like he's dying to fight aldo. and as he said in the interview, he rather fights ortega

that's not what he said on the interview, but hey. he would fight if the ufc would put the fight together, but it's not like he's dying to fight aldo. and as he said in the interview, he rather fights ortega
Respect to Moicano, aiming for a rematch with the only man to beat him. I'd be down to see that fight again too, the first one was exciting as hell.

Moicano beats Aldo 9/10 times in my opinion.

I want Aldo to destroy Ortega before this fight

I really dont want this to happen. Dunno if its is my concern of having a very good prospect (Moicano) decimated or the risk of losing Aldo (big fan) forever (I mean, if he fights a bigger striker 4 times in a row and loses, damn...).
If the fight happens in a near future, IMO Aldo has the edge but we cant count Moicano out, specially if he can keep distance. Moicano leaves his left leg exposed in order to point jab, this may be dangerous if Aldo decides to kick.

Fight makes sense right now. I would favour Moicano but Aldo looked as good as ever against Stephens.

Aldo is really growing on me. I can see why he is so popular now. I'm a bit late to the party since I barely watched MMA when Aldo was kicking ass left right and centre.
Now, I want to see Aldo have winnable fights. Unfortunately, he's at the top of his division so there are no easy fights for him whatsoever. Also, the easy fights would be guys he'd already fought and beaten. It's a waste of Jose Aldo if you grant rematches when there are new exciting matchups.
So, my long winded way of explaining my opinion is: yes, this is the fight to make. I'm a fan of both. Renato Moicano looks the spitting image of my younger brother so I root for him in his fights.

I really dont want this to happen. Dunno if its is my concern of having a very good prospect (Moicano) decimated or the risk of losing Aldo (big fan) forever (I mean, if he fights a bigger striker 4 times in a row and loses, damn...).
If the fight happens in a near future, IMO Aldo has the edge but we cant count Moicano out, specially if he can keep distance. Moicano leaves his left leg exposed in order to point jab, this may be dangerous if Aldo decides to kick.
Stephen's is way bigger than mociano and aldo did just fine.

Well it sounds like he's not interested in an Aldo fight but would fight him if he had to.Clickbait everywhere.

Clickbait af but that's a great fight

So is an Ortega rematch

that would be a absolute banger of a fight. a win would put moicano in position for a title shot. just not sure aldo would take it. dangerous matchup against a lower ranked opponent. jose might be thinking of bigger options

Another fight vs Ortega

I watched that live and he was in it to win it, till a hail marry guillotine from the best neck snatcher got him

5'11 huh?

I see leg kicks and body shots in your future, if they fight that is.

Stephen's is way bigger than mociano and aldo did just fine.
yeah definitely, I would expect Aldo to beat Moicano. I am just saying it could be really bad for Aldo if he lost again to a bigger striker (this time a fellow Brazilian), I dunno how would this mentally affect him.

Back