• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reminder: green Jon Jones completely ran over prime Ryan Bader

So Bader at 39 is in prime because experience matters so much but Fedor at 33 was so far past his prime that we can't use anything he did in his fights to infer anything about his "true" fighting ability because 33 is completely washed up in heavyweight MMA. But Fedor at 26 after just a few fights was peak Fedor because he was armbarring pro wrestlers.
It's not pick and choose logic, genius. Someone's peak is when they're doing their best. When they are no longer doing their best, they're not at their peak. It's not hypocrisy, it's the definition

Fuck, I could have told you Fedor looked off before the Werdum fight started. It's something I noted when watching it

Jones was green against a Prime Bader.
Just as dumb as the troll OP

Only one has fought under USADA testing

Im not sure Bellator even has testing
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2022...l-james-vs-davion-franklin-positive-drug-test seems like they do

Implies is not the same as proof. If it were, his record would be expunged
And should be

Oh, see, it's easy. The world isn't some black and white idiotic landscape where things either are or aren't. I mean, if they were, we do have one definitive "are," which is, "Jones tests are positive, so he's a proven cheater." Bader isn't a proven cheater.

I think this is kind of an intelligence thing

Seven of Jones opponents have popped, so even if you are clueless about MMA, its history and pro-sport, that should be an indication of sometehing to the least perceptive of minds.

Jones and Bader didn't pop during their fights.

Jones popped during USADA, where there is clearly stricter testing, all sorts of fighters starting popping.

Bader was never tested under USADA, infact Bellator doesn't have testing

Do you have any proof he was on PED's for this fight?

I'm sure you don't but it would be interesting to see what bullshit you come up with.

Lol you sound triggered

I think this is kind of an intelligence thing
No wonder you're so poor at it.

Seven of Jones opponents have popped, so even if you are clueless about MMA, its history and pro-sport, that should be an indication of sometehing to the least perceptive of minds.
Again, making shit black and white. Yes, there are cheaters. And there are people who cheat to such a degree that they get caught repeatedly.

Bader was never tested under USADA, infact Bellator doesn't have testing
Blatantly untrue and already unproven in the very post you're replying too.

Again, no wonder you're so poor at "intelligence things"

I dont get this rhetoric against Jon Jones at all, it's as if you're suggesting his opponent (Bader) is "clean" and that mostly all the UFC roster is as well. Pretty naive of you if thats the case.

With Jones repeatedly failing drug tests that his opponents pass that really sets the narrative.

So Bader at 39 is in prime because experience matters so much but Fedor at 33 was so far past his prime that we can't use anything he did in his fights to infer anything about his "true" fighting ability because 33 is completely washed up in heavyweight MMA. But Fedor at 26 after just a few fights was peak Fedor because he was armbarring pro wrestlers.

I never said Bader is in his prime now nor did I ever say he was one of the best fighters ever. All I said was that Bader was still green when he fought Jones and if you watched his fights later on you could see the improvements he made.

Part of that can be attributed to where you train (quality of instruction and sparring partners) and is why you see so many fighters training at gyms like ATT. Do you think all of those fighters at ATT would be so good if they stayed at the gym they started at? Would Poirier be the fighter he is today if he stayed at the gym in Louisiana?

I think Bader was still at Arizona Combat Sports (or had just left) when he fought Jones. Is that a good gym, can you name any good fighters from there! I think Bader and Jamie Varner were the best ones.

Oh, see, it's easy. The world isn't some black and white idiotic landscape where things either are or aren't. I mean, if they were, we do have one definitive "are," which is, "Jones tests are positive, so he's a proven cheater." Bader isn't a proven cheater.
The world isn't black and white he says and then with the same breath proceeds to tell me how "easy" (black and white) the situation is. Thee end. Ok kid lol.

Jones crushed him Bader was never a UFC champion caliber fighter just a gatekeeper at best

Bader was nowhere close to his prime. The ghost of Tito who lost 5 straight including to Matt Hammill KOd and choked him out inside 2 minutes months later. For a 7 year span from Dec 2006 to Dec 2013 Ryan Bader was Tito's only win LMFAO. If you think that was prime Bader you are braindead.

Some things to add

Oddly enough a month later Jones beats Shogun to become LHW champion. Has anything like that ever happened after?

Jones defeated these four fighters in 2011: Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida

No wonder you're so poor at it.

Again, making shit black and white. Yes, there are cheaters. And there are people who cheat to such a degree that they get caught repeatedly.

Blatantly untrue and already unproven in the very post you're replying too.

Again, no wonder you're so poor at "intelligence things"

Yeah you simply have no knowledge of the sport, its history or pervasiveness of PEDs since its inception.

Bader was 27 definitely prime. Much better than he's at 40 now.

Maybe. Most HWs get much better with age (in their 30s), when they start relying on their power less and (learned) technique more. I can only think of one HW who peaked before 30.

Jarl

Back