• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reminder: green Jon Jones completely ran over prime Ryan Bader

Green Jones, who won the belt next month. I think Bader's prime was a few years later, his striking improved

I think that Jones is better than Fedor, but this is just disrespectful. Obviously a troll thread, you cannot compare 46 year old Fedor with prime Jones, even if he would kill Bader of any age, which he would.

What? It was a fight between up and comers lol. Imagine thinking 2011 is Bader's prime, he literally lost to Tito Ortiz right after that fight. Dude has had 20 fights since then.

Bader was older than Jones but even still, 27 is not really a fighters prime especially if they started late. Bigger fighters primes start at 30.

Crazy to see all the fedor fans calling jones a drug cheat but fedor was goat in a organization that allowed roids. Sure everyone was on it so it was a level playing field but would they have looked as impressive without their PERFORMANCE ENHANCING drugs? Who knows.

Check baders resume....this guy has legitimately one of the best ever. Why he criminally underrated in the mma community is beyond me.

I remember how people thogutb fedor walked on water. Then he got assaulted by every other journeyman at strike force <45>

Then he was no longer in his prime as soon as he lost his first strike force match.

Need to see Jon Jones at 50 years old to see if he is or ever was that good.

At 50, it will determine if he was ever good. That's what defines your legacy as a fighter, how you do at 50.

Nobody peaks in their late 30s, that's just physique. Bader was at his peak in his early UFC run, Bellator Bader is just fighting against bad competition.
A prime isn’t just about age and athleticism. It’s at that point you can put it all together perfectly. The technique. IQ and athleticism all
Into one package. Just because a person is young and athletic does not mean they are in their prime.
I would think it’s obvious to say, when Bader became double champ. That was his prime

If you just have to take roid to run through elite fighters at 22 yo then I should have started mma years ago.
The classic roider excuse.

It’s literally in the name nowadays PERFORMANCE ENHANCING drugs so people you don’t come out supporting lance armstrong or Jon Jones types

Y'all talking about Badger being in his prime at 27 don't know what you're talking about. That is true for athletic prime which most people feel is 25 to early 30s. Athletic prime means you can run the fastest, jump the highest, recover the fastest, at this age. It doesn't have to do with skills.

MMA is a different beast because it requires so many skills: striking, wrestling, and grappling. Just because you're good at one skill doesn't mean you're good at another. It also doesn't mean if you're good at 2 skills that you're able to seamlessly blend the 2 together.

That is what makes the great fighters so great, they can mix in striking with say takedowns so well their opponent doesn't see it coming. GSP was a great example of this, he was able to take down accomplished wrestlers because of it.
So Bader at 39 is in prime because experience matters so much but Fedor at 33 was so far past his prime that we can't use anything he did in his fights to infer anything about his "true" fighting ability because 33 is completely washed up in heavyweight MMA. But Fedor at 26 after just a few fights was peak Fedor because he was armbarring pro wrestlers.

Toyed with him from start to finish. How a TRUE GOAT does it.

SIb6ldV.gif

Was Jones on the juice?

Back