• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reminder Future UFC Star Mackenzie Dern Fights Tomorrow

Her fake accent is so transparent and cringeworthy. It's sad. She wants to be looked at like a 'real Brazilian' and not the suburban American white girl that she grew up as.

Her we go with Coolidge murica talk. Her dad is Brazilian, so that makes her half dumbwit. So I know it pains you that she is half white lol.

She didn't fight Gabi, if she had she would been slammed into death.

She held onto Gabi from the bottom the entire time and won on a technicality (Gabi talked to her coach and that's a no-no, thus Dern "won")

Ya but she didn't get subbed either..

She looks like she could devour another human being whenever she smiles.

She's 3-0 against opponents with a combined 8-6 record (7-4 of which was Montana Stewart, who herself is overrated with most of wins coming from girls with losing records like 1-6 and 1-2, 0-2, 7-10, etc.)

Well she needs to build experience wouldn't you say? I would manage my fighters the same.

Her we go with Coolidge murica talk. Her dad is Brazilian, so that makes her half dumbwit. So I know it pains you that she is half white lol.
Yes, I know that her dad is Brazilian. I put 'real Brazilian' in quotes for a reason. She was born and raised in the United States. She thinks putting on this fake accent makes her look like more of a 'real Brazilian', as in someone born and raised in Brazil. Also, 'Brazilian' refers to a nationality. What you just said is as equally stupid as saying that someone is half American.

Last edited:
I used to be so excited about her :(

She'll miss weight at 125 a bunch of times and then move up to 135 and miss weight there too.

She's got some sort of motivation/professionalism problem which is fucking weird considering what she has accomplished in BJJ.

What I don't understand is why Sherbros go gaga for mma chicks that are meh? Fighting talent is what I want from mma fighters, sex appeal I can get much better and more from other sources.

Chicks being good at something makes them more attractive...especially if it's something you like.

No but seriously she needs to start lifting weights or something. She looks nothing like a professional athlete.

UFC star LMAO, shes not even had 1 fight in UFC. get out. Jeez no wonder why UFC can't make any stars these days o_O

Numbskull, I know that her dad is Brazilian. I put 'real Brazilian' in quotes for a reason. She was born and raised in the United States. She thinks putting on this fake accent makes her look like more of a 'real Brazilian', as in someone born and raised in Brazil. Also, 'Brazilian' is a nationality. What you just said is the equivalent of claiming that someone is half American.

I knew her since she was seven and trained with her for the last ten years. You are talking out of your ass and don't know why she gained an accent over time. I've already went over the time line on when she started to visit Brazil for months and having a boyfriend and father who only speak to her in Portuguese.

You always have problem with any nationality that shows love for another country. You can love America and your family ,ancestors heritage. You probably never been out of the country lol

15042619_dana-white-on-mackenzie-dern-weve-been_d2aac42f_m.jpg

I knew her since she was seven and trained with her for the last ten years. You are talking out of your ass and don't know why she gained an accent over time. I've already went over the time line on when she started to visit Brazil for months and having a boyfriend and father who only speak to her in Portuguese.

You always have problem with any nationality that shows love for another country. You can love America and your family ,ancestors heritage. You probably never been out of the country lol

I'm happy for you. The personal stories don't carry weight.

Dern in 2010 speaking to an American (no accent)

Dern in 2011 speaking to a European (no accent)

Dern in 2011 speaking to a Brazilian (no accent)

5 months later...

Dern in 2012 speaking to a Brazilian (Brazilian accent)

Dern in 2013 speaking to an American (no accent)

Dern in 2015 speaking to an American (no accent)

Dern in 2015 speaking to an Asian (extra thick Brazilian accent)

Dern in 2016 speaking to an American (Brazilian accent)

Totally fraudulent.

I'm happy for you. The personal stories don't carry weight.

Dern in 2010 speaking to an American (no accent)

Dern in 2011 speaking to a European (no accent)

Dern in 2011 speaking to a Brazilian (no accent)

5 months later...

Dern in 2012 speaking to a Brazilian (Brazilian accent)

Dern in 2013 speaking to an American (no accent)

Dern in 2015 speaking to an American (no accent)

Dern in 2015 speaking to an Asian (extra thick Brazilian accent)

Totally fraudulent.

Man she must think very hard to switch accents on so many interviews. It must get tiresome lol. Knowing someone in real life outweighs your little video clips lol. Murica is not the only great country man. Let it go and travel to other places .

Her fake accent is so transparent and cringeworthy. It's sad. She wants to be looked at like a 'real Brazilian' and not the suburban American white girl that she grew up as.

I think you are underestimating the power surrounding environment. You don't need to be very young to get affected by it. My uncle married to a korean woman and has been living in S korea for 8 years. Not to mention his accent definitely changed, sometime the guy can't even make a coherent sentence in English.

Man she must think very hard to switch accents on so many interviews. It must get tiresome lol. Knowing someone in real life outweighs your little video clips lol. Murica is not the only great country man. Let it go and travel to other places .

You're the one making it about America vs Brazil. It's actually about honesty and being true to yourself. Dern is faking the funk and it's sad.

I'm surpised it took this long for the virgin rage to appear in this thread.

An only child, Mackenzie grew up traveling back and forth between Arizona and Brazil, the home country of her father, Wellington “Megaton” Dias, a renowned black belt in Judo and Jiu-Jitsu and owner of Megaton Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy and affiliate of Team Gracie Humaita.

When her parents separated in 1996, Mackenzie maintained an even life between her mother and father.

At 14 years old, she was already traveling extensively outside the U.S. for competition.

http://mackenziedern.com/bio/

So because I point out the obvious means I'm going off on a virgin rage? Lol...,look at her interviews literally a year before this video. Her accent was non existent, than suddenly she seems like she can't even talk properly.

I am mainly saying if she does end up in the ufc she will become another paige. She has a hard time submitting cans in legacy but apparently is going to run through opponents in the ufc ? And I don't know if they permanently got a 125 division for women now yet but if they don't , there's no point of her coming to 115 division because she won't make weight.

I think you are underestimating the power surrounding environment. You don't need to be very young to get affected by it. My uncle married to a korean woman and has been living in S korea for 8 years. Not to mention his accent definitely changed, sometime the guy can't even make a coherent sentence in English.

Dern wasn't living in Brazil at the time that her accent went from suburban white girl to 'I just cracked open an English book the day before' Brazilian Engrish. She traveled there on occassion for competition. Her primary residence was outside of Brazil. 'surrounding environment' Same goes for her American environment -- the environment she was around the majority of the time.

She's the greatest female Ju jitsu practitioner in the world. Ranked #1 for the last 8 years. Won every competition on god's green earth. Has more trophies than any other woman in JJ. Only started slipping a little bit since doing MMA. All she has to do is get good enough on the feet to survive b4 she gets it to the ground. She gets it to the ground, she'll beat anybody. But her striking is getting better. She won her last fight standing up. When Brock started, he started against nobodies, and had no stand up, but we knew how good his wrestling was, so we hyped him up b4 he even got to the UFC. She deserves her hype.

It's posters like this that always give me a laugh,

She will beat anyone on the ground ? Out of her 3 wmma wins, she was only a able to submit one of the 3 cans she fought. How does she deserve hype again?

Back