Reminder: Dominick Cruz is 31 years old.

Draper

Bronze Bomber
@purple
Reaction score
The "old age" argument is a stretch if I've ever seen one. Cody Garbrandt (sigh) is just better than Dominick Cruz.

Only in tennis do guys hit their prime at 25.

If you look at champions, the average age of "prime" UFC SOLDIERS are like 33. Heavyweights are bit older.

He started out when he was 20. Sometimes age alone doesn't show it all

Respectfully though, his body is old. He's had asome injuries that would halt most athletes indefinitely. Cody won for sure, but that doesn't discount Cruz's injury history.

Respectfully though, his body is old. He's had asome injuries that would halt most athletes indefinitely. Cody won for sure, but that doesn't discount Cruz's injury history.
Cruz was moving around like usual.

No excuses. He got outclassed by a superior fighter.

Yeah and he's only had like 100 knee surgeries. Fresh as a daisy.

He could be 25, it wouldn't change the fact that his knees have seen some shit.

The "old age" argument is a stretch if I've ever seen one. Cody Garbrandt (sigh) is just better than Dominick Cruz.
Dom looked old and sore
still has a good chin though

Cruz looked slow out there tonight. Maybe he should give 145 a try.

Why the fuck does it matter? Provided his knees were peachy that doesn't mean he would've won and it doesn't mean he would've lost.

Cruz was moving around like usual.

No excuses. He got outclassed by a superior fighter.

I don't dispute that at all. How much of factor it played is up for argument - It doesn't invalidate it, however. He has had a rash of bad injuries.

Fighters sometimes seem to age overnight though.

Anderson Silva was forever young and then suddenly he wasn't.

Cruz might be in the twilight of his career, he has been fighting long enough for that to be true.

Back