• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reminder: Anderson Silva had some "meh" fights too

Silva was fucking around though. Adesanya tried his best, yet still made it a staring contest.
So you are saying Adesanya isn’t close to Silva’s level?

I agree

<DirkMavs>

So you are saying Adesanya isn’t close to Silva’s level?

I agree

<DirkMavs>
Yeah, there is a big gap. Adesanya's a very skilled kickboxer, but also gets hit like a kickboxer. Anderson had the head movement of a good boxer to go along with the strike arsenal.

But he also tried to embarrass some guys out of spite, so we got to see some air guitar in title fights...and some shaky low kicks...and him getting KO'd when he truly believed he was living the Matrix.

Yoel basically did no damage to Israel, sure Yoel punches hurt him a little but it's not like he dropped him or even seriously stunned him.
Israel could probably fight again in another month and he would be fine. But Yoel won't be able to fight for at least another 2 or 3 months because of the damage he received to his leg. Izzy won that fight, end of story.
Yoel was doing squats the next day on Instagram. He's fine lmao.

You need to read the actual rules. The punches Yoel landed had more acute impact on Israel than any shots Israel landed. The very first strike he landed shut down Israel's offense and he was only content throwing foot kicks at distance. I didn't make the Unified Rules, but according to them and the definitions for what is effective striking Yoel won 3 rounds. Personally it should be a no contest.

Last edited:
Yoel was doing squats the next day on Instagram. He's fine lmao.

You need to read the actual rules. The punches Yoel landed had more acute impact on Israel than any shots Israel landed. The very first strike he landed shut down Israel's offense and he was only content throwing foot kicks at distance. I didn't make the Unified Rules, but according to them and the definitions for what is effective striking Yoel won 3 rounds. Personally it should be a no contest.
Sorry 3 punches is enough to win a belt now? Sorry but you need to do more than that to be the champ. I don't care what the unified rules says, there is no way I could score that fight for Yoel if I was a judge. Izzy won, get over it.

Sorry 3 punches is enough to win a belt now? Sorry but you need to do more than that to be the champ. I don't care what the unified rules says, there is no way I could score that fight for Yoel if I was a judge. Izzy won, get over it.
I know hence why you're using your feelings when I used the actual, official scoring criteria...

Lol comparing Izzy to Silva is ridiculous. Izzy will never have the highlight reel, career, achievements, records and title defenses that anderson had.

Back