Remember when Jones would outbox the Klitschkos?

That whole event was just sad.

Rogan was saying that was the best fight in history or some shit? Come on Joe.

His boxing was non-existent tonight.

Last edited:
I was out tonight and I missed the best fight in history?

I may have to check it out, then.

I thought it was a good fight. I rarely watch MMA anymore, and that was the first fight Ive enjoyed in who konws how long. Some of that had to do with the other guy almost beating him, or beating him. I thought he did.

But to the topic. Gusstaffason basically only used boxing, and hit him at will. I can only imagine what someone who could actually box would do. I mean you watch all these MMA guys box, and their boxing consists of the same mechanical shit the whole fight. Their is nos strategy, no thinking, just what they learned in the gym.The guys who have some success posses decent ground skills like speed and accuracy. Timing and countering is basically no existent in all stand up MMA fights.

I thought Jones was talking outboxing the Klitschko's on this here:

61PMryKVyQL._SX385_.jpg

LHW history and he was right.

The entire of light heavyweight history?

Manhoef/Cyborg, Wanderlei vs Yoshida 1 and 2, Shogun vs Lil' Nog, the first two Wandy vs Rampage bouts and Mezger vs Silva/Chuck would like to have a word.

Even in the UFC I can't see how it matches Frank Shamrock vs Ortiz or arguably even Rampage vs Henderson or Henderson vs Shogun.

The entire of light heavyweight history?

Manhoef/Cyborg, Wanderlei vs Yoshida 1 and 2, Shogun vs Lil' Nog, the first two Wandy vs Rampage bouts and Mezger vs Silva/Chuck would like to have a word.

Even in the UFC I can't see how it matches Frank Shamrock vs Ortiz or arguably even Rampage vs Henderson or Henderson vs Shogun.

I don't count Manhoef vs Cyborg since it wasn't in a big organizatione ven though you can argue about that. But I think the fight yesterday was in the top5 and at least arguably the best it was damn close the whole time again it's arguable but i don't blame Rogan for saying this it was a great fight especially with Jones beign considered to be almost unbeatable

I heard Gus pretty much got robbed last night. Any truth to it? I can't find a vid and MMA news outlets tend not to be all that honest.

Henderson shogun was the first one that sprang to mind.

Me and a buddy watching it had it 3-2 Gus so robbery is a bit far and 49-46 was bullshit croz.

Me and a buddy watching it had it 3-2 Gus so robbery is a bit far and 49-46 was bullshit croz.

Think I had the same but as you say, in no way a robbery. Shame one judge had it 49-46 though. After watching this I get the feeling Gus has the style to beat Jones and not so much Glover. Glover will lose quick, he's too slow.

For being MMA Gus has really good hands

Just watched it. Thought Jones won to be honest. Wasn't that good a fight though.

I don't count Manhoef vs Cyborg since it wasn't in a big organizatione ven though you can argue about that. But I think the fight yesterday was in the top5 and at least arguably the best it was damn close the whole time again it's arguable but i don't blame Rogan for saying this it was a great fight especially with Jones beign considered to be almost unbeatable

Why would it not being in a big organisation mean the fight wasn't good?

Seriously. How in the holy mother of fuck did some of you guys manage to take that stuff even half seriously? Come on, NOBODY with half a brain intact thought that was anything but a joke. Jon Jones' team isn't THAT deluded.

Someone please explain to me what's going on here. I thought there were other sections on Sherdog.com that were reserved for full on retards.

Then of course, it could be ME who's misunderstanding all of this due to it being a fucking horrible Sunday after a FANTASTIC Saturday night, haha.....

Last edited:
I heard Gus pretty much got robbed last night. Any truth to it? I can't find a vid and MMA news outlets tend not to be all that honest.

Gus wasn't robbed, but it was a close fight. The first 3 rounds were pretty close. Gus landed most of the significant shots. He even took Jones down in round one and stopped every takedown attempt until round 5. Gus was winning round 4 also, but his hands were low and he was leading with his head and he walked into a massive spinning elbow that hurt him pretty bad. Jones was pretty clueless other than his spinning techniques.

One thing Gus didn't take advantage of is that Jones can't fight backing up at all. On a few occasions Gus had Jones' back to the cage and he just backup up to the middle of the cage and reset. With a little sharper boxing Gus would have won decisively.

Edit: oops didn't see you already watched it

Back