Remember that time elderly Mark Coleman beat Stephan Bonnar?

Coleman got old, but he is on the list of guys you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley at any age. Some guys are just tough...Him, Bas, Hunt, Frye, Shamrock....just tough dudes.
Coleman at 73 with a plastic hip and a walker would still reKk most of Sherdog. Especially the Berry.

Had Chuck won (I know, he was soundly dropped - just theorizing) we could possibly have seen him vs. Machida (not that this would make sense, seeing as Machida had just brutalized the guy who knocked Chuck into oblivian). What would this fight have looked like? Two of the greatest counter strikers at LHW (at respective times). At this point, Machida is obviously on top of his game, whereas Chuck is beginning a very steep decline.

Machida would walk right through. Kickers gave chuck problems. Keith jardine looked like a K-1 fighter vs him.

if Coleman and Randleman had been in a legit camp for most of their careers theyd have been something else

Machida would walk right through. Kickers gave chuck problems. Keith jardine looked like a K-1 fighter vs him.

I don't doubt that Machida would have handled him, especially at that particular stage. Both men had their peaks, and I believe their skill sets could make for a great showdown or a snooze fest.

Was Shogun good here after that poor performance against Coleman, or was Chuck well on his way out?

<TheWire1>

Both. Shogun was better than ever. Seemed fully healed, was able to go 5 rounds no problem against Machida, and his skills were at their best.

He then went on to battle Shogun in the best worst fight in MMA history.

Shamrock would snap your leg in half. Stay in your mom's basement.

Maybe, Kens muscles are good for looking at that's about it. Considering Royce that looks as old as the late Helio Gracie and was able to tko him, your argument isn't worrying me.

Also own my own home btw which doesn't even have a basement.

Last edited:
shogun won the fucking belt after eeking out coleman and you guys are like "shogun was no spring chicken" fuck all you

That was dadchest Bonnar not the sort of chest you see from prime Bonnar or Rockhold.

I used to be a big fan of Bonnar. His Bellator run almost killed it for me though. I hate saying shit like that, but bringing in that guy with the mask....erg..
Bro you talking about the American Fedor?

JUSTIN MCCULLY!!!!! WAR!!

dedicate that fight to all the millennial clowns that think old school UFC wasn't MMA or that it shouldn't count or whatever, shit was legit back in the day.
This is kind of silly, and I've never heard anything like it said before. MMA wasn't what we know it as today, but early rulesets were brutal and the days with no or minimal weight differentiation were are probably a lot more dangerous than what we watch today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back