Rematches with very similar results

Millennium Man**

White Belt
Reaction score
Title says it all.

Of course, the most obvious example for rematches is Brian Bowles defeating Damacio Page by Guillotine in both fights, and at the exact time of stoppage at 3:30 of the 1st round.

Anything similar? Like KO's or submission with the same move in both matches by the winner?

Anderson-Franklin

anderson-silva_rich-franklin.gif

anderson-silva_rich-franklin2.gif

Last edited:
Title says it all.

Of course, the most obvious example for rematches is Brian Bowles defeating Damacio Page by Guillotine in both fights, and at the exact time of stoppage at 3:30 of the 1st round.

Anything similar? Like KO's or submission with the same move in both matches by the winner?

Wandy page 1 and 2 were both knees if I remember correctly, just one of them he went through the ropes.

edit: Dan halen just got the right answer.

Liddell vs Babalu
Liddell vs Ortiz
Fedor vs Nog
Nog vs Mir

Liddell vs Babalu
Liddell vs Ortiz
Fedor vs Nog
Nog vs Mir

Nog-Mir 1 and 2 were like opposites of each other. Then Mir snapped his arm which ruined that comparison.

Cain vs JDS (yes, I can see into the future).

Matt Hughes vs Hallman is the correct answer for this question.

There are no other answers.

Rich-Wandy. Literally can't think of anything else that hasn't been said lol.

Penn-Edgar kinda but a lot of people thought BJ won @ UFC 112.

Forgot about those, in a combined minute or something ridiculous. Before the Koscheck fight Matt was asked if he wanted a rematch as well and he declined saying there was nothing in it for him, I disagree IMO.

One was a technical submission via standing guillotine and the other was an armbar. Similar, yes, but no other answer?

cmonson1.gif

Frankie's three championship rematches all looked pretty similar to the originals. (obviously a difference in the Maynard III ending)

Brian Bowles vs Damacio Page. both finished guillotine at 3:30 of the first round, both taking place on the 3rd of a month, both winning sotn, both first fight on the main card.

Back