Released my first eBook this weekend

Mutha Brucka

I ♥ Huge Boobs
@Brown
Reaction score
After months of slaving away at the keyboard, I've finally finished my eBook, God Needs To Go, which is available now on all Kindle devices as well as all other mobile devices that support the Kindle application. Let me just say that writing wasn't always a walk in the park, but I've followed many threads on this site from time to time pertaining to Atheism and writing in general, and both have helped me immensely. Thanks to everyone for the inspiration.

http://www.amazon.com/God-Needs-To-Go-ebook/dp/B00AR83HIW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356215206&sr=8-1&keywords=god+needs+to+go

I am currently reading 3 books on my kindle now but when I am done I may have to check this out. Congrats though on all of your hard work.

I am currently reading 3 books on my kindle now but when I am done I may have to check this out. Congrats though on all of your hard work.

Thanks. This is my first venture into the public forum. It's always been a dream of mine and I hope the criticism from this book, both good and bad, will help me grow as an author.

There are several errors of usage and grammar in your Amazon summary.

In a society filled with the potential to be culturally and intellectually superior to those of the past, one inhibitor that aims to halt that movement reigns supreme: Christianity. Aspiring author J.D. Brucker brings forth a collection of arguments against Christianity and the necessity to believe in God, a spiritual being whose existence resides only within the confines of his believer’s consciousness. This work brings to light the negatives that Christianity posses on our society as well as the mentality of the believing individual. God needs to go, and that daunting task lay only in the hands of those willing to rise against that detrimental belief.

brings to light the "negatives" -- negative is an adjective, not a noun. It is beginning to enter popular usage as a noun, but this is a misuse of the word. It leaves the question... negative what? Negative effects? Negative consequence?

that Christianity "posses" on our -- I'm not sure if this should have been "poses for" or if you spelled possess wrong and are misusing it. But there is some problem here.

daunting task "lay" -- lay is transitive and is the simple past of lie. I think the word you want is "lies", which is both intransitive and present tense. The task lies in your hands but you lay the information in front of us today. The difference is that lay requires an object but lie can be the subject acting on itself. I lie in bed but I lay the book on the table. If we take this to be the past, then it implies that the task is already finished. In any case, might want to clarify that.

Looks like you found yourself a copy editor TS.

There are several errors of usage and grammar in your Amazon summary.

brings to light the "negatives" -- negative is an adjective, not a noun. It is beginning to enter popular usage as a noun, but this is a misuse of the word. It leaves the question... negative what? Negative effects? Negative consequence?

that Christianity "posses" on our -- I'm not sure if this should have been "poses for" or if you spelled possess wrong and are misusing it. But there is some problem here.

daunting task "lay" -- lay is transitive and is the simple past of lie. I think the word you want is "lies", which is both intransitive and present tense. The task lies in your hands but you lay the information in front of us today. The difference is that lay requires an object but lie can be the subject acting on itself. I lie in bed but I lay the book on the table. If we take this to be the past, then it implies that the task is already finished. In any case, might want to clarify that.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. It was something I threw together just before making it available, so I haven't even given myself time to review it. I appreciate it greatly, though.

Good luck, I hope lots of people buy it!

Is the collection of arguments from this forum?

DWc6t.jpg

Is one chapter titled, "My bad church experience"?

after seeing your name i find your sherdog screen name funny

That is an awesome last name. It's like something they would give a BA army Sargent in a fiction novel just to add to the idea that guy is BA

I don't wanna be a dick here because I think it's great that you've been writing this. But after reading the preview there seem to be a lot of factual as well as logical errors; partly revolving around the ambiguity in subject matter. At no point in history have the 'greater majority of all human beings' believed in Christianity for starters...

I mean this in a constructive way; you might wanna consider focusing specifically on the influence of Christianity in the United States (which you inadvertently seem to be). Or better still a more specific case study, be that your own experiences or whatever; because as it is I get the impression that it's just gonna be a diffuse cluster-fuck of personal opinions.

Sorry, wish you luck with it, but that's my feedback based on the little I've read.

May I ask why you chose Christianity as your target?

"God needs to go; A collection of arguments against Christianity"

Any mention of Islam or Judaism in there? It seems that Christianity makes an easy target for people where people are afraid of the other main religions. Christianity in a lot of countries is rather benign, it only seems to have some major influence in a select few European countries and the US. Of course over a few countries in Africa and Asia as well.

Good luck with the book mate. Hope you sell heaps.

Who were your biggest influences, on sherdog?

The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct.

May I ask why you chose Christianity as your target?

"God needs to go; A collection of arguments against Christianity"

Any mention of Islam or Judaism in there? It seems that Christianity makes an easy target for people where people are afraid of the other main religions. Christianity in a lot of countries is rather benign, it only seems to have some major influence in a select few European countries and the US. Of course over a few countries in Africa and Asia as well.

Good luck with the book mate. Hope you sell heaps.

If he wanted to make a decent argument for "God", he could've addressed the God of Abraham which is where all three stem from. But from the sample, it looks like the book focuses a lot on rhetoric than content.

If he wanted to make a decent argument for "God", he could've addressed the God of Abraham which is where all three stem from. But from the sample, it looks like the book focuses a lot on rhetoric than content.

that was sort of what I was going for - the whole judeo christian thing

After months of slaving away at the keyboard, I've finally finished my eBook, God Needs To Go, which is available now on all Kindle devices as well as all other mobile devices that support the Kindle application. Let me just say that writing wasn't always a walk in the park, but I've followed many threads on this site from time to time pertaining to Atheism and writing in general, and both have helped me immensely. Thanks to everyone for the inspiration.

http://www.amazon.com/God-Needs-To-Go-ebook/dp/B00AR83HIW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356215206&sr=8-1&keywords=god+needs+to+go

Best of luck dude!

Back