Regardless of the outcome... Neither Conor nor Diaz will get they credit they deserve.

Both of these points are true. Why is it you think people should pretend they arent?

because no one should be discredited for a victory or defeat that hasn't even happened. the problem is either of them or even both of them could have the best performance of their lives, but it will be shrugged off for those reasons.

I agree with TS, just about the only thing either fighter has to win in this fight is the money, but that should be more than enough for either of them. As far as who has more to lose, I think that is unmistakably McGregor.

because no one should be discredited for a victory or defeat that hasn't even happened. the problem is either of them or even both of them could have the best performance of their lives, but it will be shrugged off for those reasons.

Which are valid reasons. They're not phony reasons made up by haters. They're facts. They're circumstances. They matter when assessing the value of a win.

My major concern is that it's so much money. If Diaz got $2m or so I'd be concerned that he doesn't care about the fight.

I only say this because Nick said he knew damn well he wasn't passing his drug test because he made so much in the St. Pierre fight that he didn't have to fight again. Then in his next fight he was.....off.

I'd say his haters and overzealous fans are equally retarded and annoying.
Sure, but that's always the case. My main point was the haters are waiting for some actual ammo, as when you're winning in spectacular fashion it's hard to come up with coherent reasons to downplay what the fighter is doing. They aint gonna miss that opportunity.

Back