Regarding the TUF Cup(World Cup)

Hold Mai Nuts

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Dana mentioned a TUF world cup possibly being a reality recently. I could see this kind of scenario working out.

Each country/region has 4 competitors so each cup would be a 16 man tournament. Have a Euro cup(Sweden, UK, Germany, Holland), America

i dont think so. seems hard to find 16 guys in any division anyone cares much about. bellator has been doing it and no one outside of the occasional sherdog person claiming to be original gangster from ufc 1 seems to know who these guys are.

I don't know how plausible it is, I'd love it....I just don't know if you could do it.

I don't know if this idea can ever plausibly happen all at once. That's a ton of shows at once. What would be a cool concept is a new type of International TUF. You could have one fighter per country and then you'd really get to see which fighting systems are the best. This would be a great way for UFC to get fighters from parts of the world they haven't been yet. You could show the whole thing with subtitles.

I put together a huge 32 man Lightweight tournament with the best fighters from each country not stuck in a long term deal. Obviously some of this talent would feel that they're above TUF, but the tournament would turn that fighter into a star.

USA: Marcus Edwards (7-2)
BRA: Rafael Nunes (10-0)
RUS: Murad Machaev (14-1)
J AP: Isao Kobayashi (15-1-4)
CAN: Alex Ricci (8-2)
UK: Saul Rogers (8-1)
POL: Mateusz Teodorczuk (11-2)
FRA: Mansour Barnaoui (11-2)
AUS: Nick Patterson (13-4-1)
FIN: Mikael Nyyssonen (6-0)
PER: David Cubas (12-3)
SA: Costa Ioannou (6-1)
SLO: Miroslav Strbak (9-3-1)
GER: Ruben Crawford (12-3)
UKR: Dmitriy Gozha (8-0)
IRE: Ryan Roddy (6-1)
DEN: Ayub Tashkilot (12-3)
SPA: Christian Holley (10-0)
KAZ: Arman Ospanov (6-0)
ARM: David Khachatryan (16-2)
CRO: Vladimir Sikic (10-0-1)
CUB: Guillermo Martinez Ayme (6-0)
NMI: Frank Camacho (12-2)
SWE: Fernando Gonzalez (5-1)
CR: Alejandro Solano Rodriguez (19-9)
BEL: Damien Lapilus (8-3)
SWI: Ivan Musardo (22-7-1)
ITA: Damiano Bertoli (6-0)
ARG: Esteban Bonaveri (8-3)
ISR: Shimon Gosh (4-2)
MOL: Konstantin Chebotar (3-0)
EST: Ott Tonissaar (9-2)

^^^^
Impressive list! Do you really know your international MMA or are you basing it on records? :icon_surp

For Ireland, though, I'd have Joseph Duffy (10-1) or Paul Redmond (9-4).

^^^^
Impressive list! Do you really know your international MMA or are you basing it on records? :icon_surp

For Ireland, though, I'd have Joseph Duffy (10-1) or Paul Redmond (9-4).

I know some International MMA. I do use tools like Fightmatrix though. I do know a lot of these guys from orgs in Europe and Asia. Most of them are probably the best Lightweight prospects. Duffy would definitely be a good choice, although he was already on a season of TUF.

they already have a TUF world cup -- it's called the UFC.

Back