Regarding MT Stance: Rear foot pos.

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by JackLancewell, Jun 24, 2008.

1. JackLancewell

JackLancewell Orange Belt

Well, I've always had my rear foot at an angle facing away from me. However, the other day I was told to have both of my feet face my enemy and it feels real weird on my hips than the previous stance I used.

2. deluxeMT

deluxeMT Orange Belt

MT technique differs around quite a bit.. but I've always heard/seen that having the rear foot out on an angle is preferred.

3. lil_ric23

lil_ric23 White Belt

my coaches prefer that we have rear foot faced toward the opponent right before kicking.

They say you can deliver faster and that it keeps most of your kicks coming straight out at first, all looking the same and like a knee, so your opponent doesn't know what is coming.

When kicking with an angled foot the leg tends to loop at a little and makes it more predictable as to what's being thrown.

When throwing punches though the foot is angled.

4. Grey_Steel

Grey_Steel White Belt

I'm in a constant state of flux

5. TapSD

TapSD Killer Bee....1%

There is no one style of mT stance that works for everyone..ive seen people angle it..ive seen people go straight on...ive seen guys pivot on their front foot when punching and of course the back

find what feels good for you.

6. JackLancewell

JackLancewell Orange Belt

Guess I'll stick with an angled rear foot. It feels much more natural and smoother to me and my hips.