Regarding Greg Hardy: Imagine UFC fighters trying to join the NFL/NBA/soccer... LOL

he's shit tier by Brazilian standards but I think he could have done well in MLS.

I haven't played football since school but I'm pretty sure I'd be in the running for the golden boot in the MLS

i think ngannou,black beast and few more top notch hws in ufc would do very well for themselves playing american hand egg

You can't really compare sports that are 100+ years old vs. a sport (MMA) that is roughly 25 years old. I'm sure there were a lot of people who jumped right into playing football in 1920 without any prior experience and did well

Also most players in NBA NFL soccer and what not have been playing / training since childhood.
They started at 5 -6 years old.
There is also a lot more kids playing soccer / American football than training MMA or any other MA.
There are no careers or money to be made in for example wrestling or judo, you cant build a life around it, before mma.
I never understand why people try and compare it.

Doubtful.

Football is an intricate skill based game played by far more people. Whereas simply being big can benefit you in both American football and basketball, it might not make you good but it would be advantageous nonetheless.

Simple being big? Yeaaaa, um look at how fast even those "big" players are. They aren't just simply "big". You clearly know nothing about "american football" (it's just called football and deserves the name over soccer because soccer players are pansies and would get leveled in the NFL).

Litetally absolouty not a chance. There already isnt a lot of successful centres who have spent their entire lived playing.

Based on Struves awkward movement and never learned to use his size when he fights, I say he would be piss poor at basketball.

Simple being big? Yeaaaa, um look at how fast even those "big" players are. They aren't just simply "big". You clearly know nothing about "american football" (it's just called football and deserves the name over soccer because soccer players are pansies and would get leveled in the NFL).

It doesn’t look like you actually read the post that you’re replying to haha.

And a game that it is predominately played by running around with a ball in your HANDS deserves the name of football over a game which actually has history, is called football and is played with your feet...right hahahaha.

Handegg and it’s fans seem to be pretty dense.

‘Pansies’? You sound like a cool guy and definitely definitely not insecure <Lmaoo>

not sure what OP is really trying to say here, but there are other athletic career options for football players after football. MMA is just one of them. Rugby would be another one.

Who cares. This isn’t the first NFL a guy they’ve had in the UFC. Remember that. Pro wrasslers and football players. Dana likes them.

f4128b80-8d61-11e7-b3ce-f80f41fc6a62

C- versus A-level genes. Is normal.

Seen guy on Right at the Jersey Shore..

Imagine Brock Lesnar....... never played College football and made the final cuts in the NFL... only didn't make the team because he didn't know all the plays.....

A-level sport my ass if a guy with no exp can almost make the highest level of the sport.

Not the brightest statement as Brock played a month on the practice squad of PRE-SEASON and was cut. There are guys who literally walk up to NFL teams off the street (walk-ons) and get more playing time than the Nationally renowned college wrestler did. Brock (juiced and all) is an amazing athlete with huge size and did outstanding at their Combine (event to determine skills) on the level of JJ Watt, but still had nothing for the NFL.

to be fair fighting is a lot more intuitive and natural than most sports.

Most sports have very arbitrary made up rules that creates actions are not natural. Like you would never need to do the dribbling motion ever in real life unless you played basketball.

We have been fighting since the beginning of time
You could say fighting is a sport, others are just games

They’re not good enough to make it in other sports.
Apparently hardy is good enough for the ufc.
Not too difficult.

Is there a sports fan community that does shit on the athletes more than MMA fans?

No shit. if boxing fans thought like mma fans. Ali, ray Robinson. Shit pick a fighter.
They would all be exposed and were not very good at all in their fighting careers.

Stephen Neal was a wrestler in college and didn't play any football, he joined the NFL and won three Superbowls.
So it's not that far fetched.
You just won your first thread!

Well ironically the NFL is just about the only other sports league where this has happened.

Check out Ezekiel Ansah for example, he was a basketball player and could not make it on the BYU college team so he switched to football around the second half of his sophomore year in college, having never even played in high school or at any level.

He went on the become an NFL pro-bowler in just a few years from that point. According to Sherdog logic that must mean that BYU basketball benchwarmers > the best NFL players in terms of A-level athleticism, and also that the NFL has lower level athletes than just about any other sport.
No, it means he was A-Level

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back