• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Reebok... a D-level brand for D-level athletes? Has anyone bought anything Reebok lately?

I've got one Reebok tshirt, the free one you get when you do a spartan race

Fighters are not limited with sponsors. The only limit is during fight week. If you cannot get a sponsor the other 48 weeks out the year you suck. Shitty fighter management is limiting their sponsors, not Reebok. If you only value to a company is plastering their logo over your ass then you are a shitty partner and a even shittier marketer.

Lol

The only time anyone gives half a fuck about a fighter is fight week

They are all made in sweat shops.

Nobody has actually bought Reebok gear since 1993

Honestly the last time I bought anything made by Reebok was probably in 1998 when I was like 12 years old.

Lol

The only time anyone gives half a fuck about a fighter is fight week
Then you are dumb and have shit management. I see successful fighters getting the message out 24/7 using social media and other outlets. Robbie pimps his clothing sponsor (who IS NOT reebok) 24/7 on his twitter and social media. He actually films himself using their gear and treats his sponsors like partners, not a blank check factory.

the last reebok stuff i bought was iverson's basketball shoes with those cushion thingies on the bottom back in 97 or 98. i dont even remember whether they were comfortable or not.

"Elite brands." Okay TS. Are you a 13 year old girl or some bored housewife? Where is your rose gold iPhone?

Not wanting to be associated with D level athletes??? That just sounds dramatic and weird.

Anyways, last time I had Reebok shoes it was the first Iversons. I do however, use Reebok shorts to workout--not bad quality, actually.

they made good shoes/clothes like 20 years ago. You don't see many people wearing their merchandise now.

I can hardly believe that anyone would base a purchasing decision on what athletes the brand sponsors. I guess I'm not in the majority but that whole notion seems so beta and unmanly to me.

I had Jordan sneakers and a Jordan basketball when I was a kid.
Also had Jose Canseco and Joe Montana shirts.
I also decided to buy a Rolex because Tiger Woods wears one.

A lot of kids wore this kind of stuff.
I see kids walking down the streets in Brady jerseys all the time.

I bought some JJ Watt shoes few weeks backs. D level athlete my ass.

Reebok is fucking lame

But I did actually see people wearing Fight-Kits at the Cormier/Bones II card in Anaheim. Probably seen around 5-10 guys wearing them.

they made good shoes/clothes like 20 years ago. You don't see many people wearing their merchandise now.
You obviously have never set foot in any crossfit gym or normal gym. Reebok is huge in fitness markets.

Last edited:
Reebok was a brand when the Pump was popular ........... in the fucking late 80s

I'm cheap so I do buy reebok sometimes. The name makes me feel old, since there was a time when Reebok was neck-in-neck with Nike in shoe wear(or it felt that way). Converse had Magic Johnson, so it felt big back in the day, too. Feels like Jordans took Nike to another dimension in the 90s

I had Jordan sneakers and a Jordan basketball when I was a kid.
Also had Jose Canseco and Joe Montana shirts.
I also decided to buy a Rolex because Tiger Woods wears one.

A lot of kids wore this kind of stuff.
I see kids walking down the streets in Brady jerseys all the time.

Of course, I did too - when I was a kid.

And for that matter, there's a difference between wearing your favorite player's jersey and making decisions on an entire commercial brand based on who they sponsor. Particulary the way TS put it: "I decided to pass on it because I don't want to be associated with D level athletes". I'm mean seriously? Would you wear or not wear a brand thinking it somehow associates you with professional athletes? That's so cringy...

Back