Red Yeast Rice is magic

Bornstarch

Holy Paladin
@Brown
Reaction score
I used to have high cholesterol and blood pressure and my Chinese co-worker recommended Red Yeast Rice which come in pill form

It's fucking magic

I take 2 pills a day for the last few years and now my cholesterol and blood pressure are both very good. It takes a year or so, but it really cleans out your arteries

This is the brand I take

900.jpg

Bornstarch is a red yeast rice supplier.... jkjk also congrats on lowering your LDL and BP.

The active ingredient in red yeast rice is chemically indentical to Lovastatin a drug that was isolated from the mold in red yeast rice in the 1970's............... Your basically taking a Statin when you eat that stuff.

Yeah it's a naturally occurring statin.

Take COQ10 with it.

I used to have high cholesterol and blood pressure and my Chinese co-worker recommended Red Yeast Rice which come in pill form

It's fucking magic

I take 2 pills a day for the last few years and now my cholesterol and blood pressure are both very good. It takes a year or so, but it really cleans out your arteries

This is the brand I take

900.jpg
Anyone taking this instead of a statin drug to lower cholesterol? Despite losing 25 pounds this year and eating no beef, eggs, cutting way down on sugar and carbs, heredity has cursed me with total cholesterol of 248! (I stopped taking pravastatin earlier this year because it affect my sleep and sapped my energy). Lots of people swear by red yeast rice, others have had bad side effects. What's your experience with it?

This thread is a rude awakening for most members.
In chronological order:
1. Talk about MMA
2. Talk about parties and girls
3. Talk about movies and chinese cartoons
4. Starting Strength and intermittent fasting
4. Getting divorced
5. Raising kids
6. Supplements for your bad cholesterol

Anyone taking this instead of a statin drug to lower cholesterol? Despite losing 25 pounds this year and eating no beef, eggs, cutting way down on sugar and carbs, heredity has cursed me with total cholesterol of 248! (I stopped taking pravastatin earlier this year because it affect my sleep and sapped my energy). Lots of people swear by red yeast rice, others have had bad side effects. What's your experience with it?
Have you tried having a glass of red wine a day

Reactions: lsa
I watched a podcast with a Harvard med student that found that lean bodied people’s cholesterol would skyrocket sometimes when they cut carbs and went keto. He did an experiment in which he ate 12 Oreos for 2 weeks and it was better than taking statins for 6 weeks.

I watched a podcast with a Harvard med student that found that lean bodied people’s cholesterol would skyrocket sometimes when they cut carbs and went keto. He did an experiment in which he ate 12 Oreos for 2 weeks and it was better than taking statins for 6 weeks.
No wonder I have low cholesterol 😲

I thought I read somewhere this stuff is the same underlying stuff as the actual medicine. If you take this unsupervised, you're probably risking something getting fooked up without knowing it.

The most important thing is how much longer can you expect to live taking red yeast extract or a statin. There have been some studies done on this. For example ~

How much do statins prolong life?​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monsterbomb
Back