red kidney beans

hxcore3000

Orange Belt
Reaction score
im 6'1 210 10-9% bf and plan on cutting to 185 "fighting at 170"
my diet consists of proteins from egg whites, tuna, skim milk, whey protein
anyways i was wondering if red kidney beans would be a good source of carbs to add in since they also have proteins but little to no fat
i used to eat them with wild rice with some chilli seasoning

6'10" and fighting at welterweight hmm.... do you ever get mistaken for one of these?

Let's do some math here...If you're 210, 10 % body fat, then getting down to 185 would put you at NEGATIVE 2% body fat. So let's straighten this out first. I'm a similar build, probably 1/2 an inch shorter, and 210 for me involved some love handles. I'm 190 now and still not below 10% body fat.

So, either you're too big to consider a move to welterweight (at least without losing some significant muscle mass), or you're carrying around more fat than you think, and you're probably not just eating tuna and egg whites. Figure that out, and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will help you :)

Let's do some math here...If you're 210, 10 % body fat, then getting down to 185 would put you at NEGATIVE 2% body fat. So let's straighten this out first. I'm a similar build, probably 1/2 an inch shorter, and 210 for me involved some love handles. I'm 190 now and still not below 10% body fat.

So, either you're too big to consider a move to welterweight (at least without losing some significant muscle mass), or you're carrying around more fat than you think, and you're probably not just eating tuna and egg whites. Figure that out, and I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will help you :)

well my abs are very much visible, i dont mind losing muscle mass being as how i was much more athletic when i was around 180-190, in fact my intentions very much point me towards losing muscle as well as fat
and yes, every now and then i ate the occasional cheese burger, fries, shake lol
but i would rather be a leaner 185 then a bulky 210

Where do you train?
Did your coach recommend fighting at 170?
Why isn't your coach helping you with leaning out/cutting?

Back