Recommend Me a Good Running Shoe

ufcfan1986

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
And I must be able to buy it on zappos.com!

Anyone got any suggestions? I'm looking for something that comes in wide and isn't too far north of $100, if it has to be north of that at all. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)

i wear adidas element refine. its cheaper is its best quality, got it for like 60-70$, but i used to get a lot of foot pains/plantar fasciitis from shoes with too much sole. these are basically minimalistic and very very lightweight, like im not wearing anything

downside is that you should not wear it for anything where the topside material can get scrapped (basketball), might get a hole in it

Brooks adrenaline gts running shoes are my favorite, especially since I have flat feet. They cost around $120, so its $20 over your price range.

I've got the Nike Free 5.0. They're so comfy and you can even get away with wearing them out because they don't have really bold/obnoxious design. I've got the version from last year and they're holding up really well. They're wide fitting but the sizes run small so I'd recommend you go a size up

Ive ran multiple half marathons and full marathons in asics gel nimbus.... And brooks glycerin... Only switched to try something new... Both are nice shoes for neutral feet..... If you like less padding i also run shorter stuff in Asic noosa (i like them alot) tri shoe kindof an inbetween of a racing flat and full running shoe

Ive ran multiple half marathons and full marathons in asics gel nimbus.... And brooks glycerin... Only switched to try something new... Both are nice shoes for neutral feet..... If you like less padding i also run shorter stuff in Asic noosa (i like them alot) tri shoe kindof an inbetween of a racing flat and full running shoe

http://www.zappos.com/asics-gel-nimbus-17-lite-show-flash-yellow-silver-black

Is this a good asics gel nimbus? Are there others?

Also, what about this one for the Brooks Glycerin?: http://www.zappos.com/brooks-glycerin-13-black-high-risk-red-silver

Also, thanks for the other recommendations as well guys so far. Right now the Nimbus is the one standing out to me the most.

What other people like is fairly useless when it comes to running shoes. You need to find the one that works for you not what works for somebody else.

Go to a reputable running shop and have them check your fait and arches and they will get you going in the right direction.

As for quality, there's really no difference from brand to brand (asics, nb, saucony, brooks, etc).

I've been running co distantly for 20+ years, marathons, ultra marathons, ironman triathlons and I've seen people have success wi pretty much every type of shoe out there. Different people have different needs and some people can get away with things others can't. Case in point, if done mountainous 50 mile ultras in Colorado wearing nb minmus and I'm ~ 200lbs but that works for me, other people need all the bells and whistles like the asics kayano or a hoka.

Go to a running shop and talk to them. A running shop, not a big 5 or something like that.

nike pegasus is a grand old shoe too

There was a Solid 10 years where that's all I wore. Do they still make them? Have they changed them drastically???

That's usually the problem, show companies start copying other companies.

Saucony used to be awesome for me because they were so firm, they really had a cult following (including me) in ~ 2003 they decided that asics was having a ouch success they would copy the 2000 series with the Omni 5 update....they basically made an asics shoe that said saucony...killed off a lot of their business.

There was a Solid 10 years where that's all I wore. Do they still make them? Have they changed them drastically???

That's usually the problem, show companies start copying other companies.

Seems to me that they just added extra padding and changed the colours in the latest version :)

http://www.zappos.com/asics-gel-nimbus-17-lite-show-flash-yellow-silver-black

Is this a good asics gel nimbus? Are there others?

Also, what about this one for the Brooks Glycerin?: http://www.zappos.com/brooks-glycerin-13-black-high-risk-red-silver

Also, thanks for the other recommendations as well guys so far. Right now the Nimbus is the one standing out to me the most.

Those are them, they really havent changed those shoes much over the years so the number model of those doesnt matter.. Nimbus 14,15,16 etc... Hunting after older models is a good way to save some money.... Both have proven to be good shoes for me as far as comfort and durability...... With that said i agree with Ironwolf... Shoes are very individual and you should take advice loosly... Shoes that are not right for you will tear your feet to hell and make any distance running unbearable...but i would stick to the shoe companies that specialize in running shoes... Saucuny (no recommendations) brooks, asics some models NB ... I should have mentioned, to add to ironwolf, get out in stores, try different ones out.. Go to new balance and get Foot measured... Then order ones you liked from zappos.... Its going to be a trial and error thing... Example: Shoes i run in for 1-2 miles wont work for me at half and full marathon.. I run a half a size bigger on my marathon shoes and run shorter distances in racing flats... I prefer racing flats and have trained and ran one marathon in them but stopped running long in them because i run too many miles on concrete

Last edited:
What other people like is fairly useless when it comes to running shoes. You need to find the one that works for you not what works for somebody else.

Go to a reputable running shop and have them check your gait and arches and they will get you going in the right direction.

Go to a running shop and talk to them. A running shop, not a big 5 or something like that.

This is the best advice on here so far and you would do well to heed it. Someone who is 17 stone and a heel striker will need a different shoe from someone who is 8 stone and a forefoot striker. Listen to Ironwolf .

Those are them, they really havent changed those shoes much over the years so the number model of those doesnt matter.. Nimbus 14,15,16 etc... Hunting after older models is a good way to save some money.... Both have proven to be good shoes for me as far as comfort and durability...... With that said i agree with Ironwolf... Shoes are very individual and you should take advice loosly... Shoes that are not right for you will tear your feet to hell and make any distance running unbearable...but i would stick to the shoe companies that specialize in running shoes... Saucuny (no recommendations) brooks, asics some models NB ... I should have mentioned, to add to ironwolf, get out in stores, try different ones out.. Go to new balance and get Foot measured... Then order ones you liked from zappos.... Its going to be a trial and error thing... Example: Shoes i run in for 1-2 miles wont work for me at half and full marathon.. I run a half a size bigger on my marathon shoes and run shorter distances in racing flats... I prefer racing flats and have trained and ran one marathon in them but stopped running long in them because i run too many miles on concrete

Some great advice between you and ironwolf. I really like those asics though. I've had asics before and think I'd do well in these ones. Still, I'll go to the shoe store first as you folks have advised and see what works best for me. Thanks guys!

asics cumulus are a great lower priced running shoe that come in two sizes of extra wide. I too wear extra wide shoes and have been wearing my curent pair of cumulus's for a good while now and they are great. they are typically cheaper than the nimbus too.

the most recent edition of the cumulus is 17, which you can get at 120$ or a little cheaper. if you opt to buy older editions, the price usually goes lower quite a bit, even though im sure there are very few differences between editions (they have a new one each year.)

asics in general is a great brand for running shoes. Ive been wearing them for about a decade now.

I know you said its gotta be zappos, but amazon has the 16th edition for as low as 56$.

http://www.amazon.com/ASICS-Gel-Cum...97&sr=1-33&nodeID=7147441011&keywords=cumulus

might wanna check the price of your size there before you buy in case the difference is huge.

Back