Recent Knockdown Karate tournament and fight(s)/ news/ results

The KWU held it’s youth World Cup in July, I honestly haven’t looked it to it.

Besides that there haven’t been many major competitions outside of “virtual kata”, which I couldn’t give a shit about. The Major Kyokushin and Knockdown Karate orgs seem to be taking the COVID issue very seriously.

KWF seems to be steaming ahead with their tournaments.
The 34th KWF European Kyokushin Karate Championship is held end of september.
The 3rd KWF World Championship is held in November
Both are held in Poland
But KWF is a small europe-based faction, so it is not that hard to arrange a "world" championship.

The 5th KWU world championship has been pushed to 2022

No news (good or bad) about the 1st WFKO championship planned for September 5 in Japan -and no news is good news? Surely they would have released information by now if it been postponed again?
but they held their 6th all japan (arranged by JFKO) back in end of may:

btw blazeblack. Could you edit the thread title and add the missing "K" it is starting too bug me,

btw blazeblack. Could you edit the thread title and add the missing "K" it is starting too bug me,
Thanks for pointing that out, I honestly didn’t notice.

This is what the Senshi tournaments look like by the way:

This week's event is live free on Fite sport.

Today's event: https://www.fite.tv/watch/senshi-professional-fight-night/2oz47/

Tomorrow's event: https://www.fite.tv/watch/senshi-professional-fn-finals/2oz48/

Just stumbled upon this thread.
Is it me or does Senshi look a lot like Karate Combat, despite having Kyok guys instead of Shotos? Only goes to show that kickboxing is the natural evolution of Karate when you add boxing gloves - no matter what style is the base.

Just stumbled upon this thread.
Is it me or does Senshi look a lot like Karate Combat, despite having Kyok guys instead of Shotos? Only goes to show that kickboxing is the natural evolution of Karate when you add boxing gloves - no matter what style is the base.

I find Senshi looks a lot more like Glory Kickboxing or a Shidokan Thriathlon than Karate Combat to be honest, especially because of the background of the fighters in Kyokushin and its offshoots.

Karate Combat on the other hand has a lot more of that sports karate (WKF type) vibe to it.

I personally think that you can clearly see a difference within Kickboxing for someone from a sports karate background vs someone from a knockdown karate background. If you look at those guys from the videos I posted, their stances, combos etc and compare that to guys like Raymond Daniels, Wonderboy Thompson or the guys from Karate Combat, there's a clear difference.

No news (good or bad) about the 1st WFKO championship planned for September 5 in Japan -and no news is good news? Surely they would have released information by now if it been postponed again?

Well there it is. Its was pushed to next year.
28/05/2022
EDION Arena Osaka

With restrictions easing up all over the world, this probably sticks.

Meanwhile we have IKO1´s 34th European Weight Category Karate Championships planned for november 13-14
KWU (Kyokushin world union) will hold its European championship 4-5 December in Varna, Bulgaria.
WKB (World Kyokushin Budokai) will hold its 4th European kyokushin championship in Lezajsk, Poland december 10-12
WKO Shinkyokushinkai will hold its european world cup in Kedainiai, Lithuania dec 4-5

(Is there any wonder that kyokushin/knockdown karate need a unified tournament organization)

Also, while not a world level event, WKO shinkyokushinkai will hold an open kyokushin cup in Livi, Ukraine next week. It still seem to still be on.
WFKO (World fullcontact karate organization) will hold a open championship in Prague, Czech Republic, February 19.

Last edited:
a few more
WKO shinkyokushinkai will hold its U16-U20 european championship in november 13-14 (clashing with the IKO1 EC I note) in Oradea, Romania
KWF (Kyokushin World Federation) will hold its 3rd World Championship november 19-20 in Krakow, Poland.
IKO1 will hold the 8th Kyokushinkai Karate Moldova Open Cup ,in Chisinau, Moldova october 16-17.

quite frankly, there are too many upcoming events now to list.
You could say that the dam seems to have burst.

Results of the 34 KWF european championship, held in in Swinoujscie, Poland last week (september 24-25)

Women
-55 kg
1. Rowlands Hayley Beth (Great Britian)
2. Veresniak Alona (Ukraine)
3. Charsley Jessica (Great Britian)

-60 kg
1. Bickel Valence (Holland)
2. Bereza Dorota (Poland)
3. Mendiguren Noor (Spain)
3. Kostova lya (Bulgaria)

-65 kg
1. Swiatkowska Anna (Poland)
2. Harizanova Nikol (Bulgaria)
3. Wiatrowska Anna (Poland)
3. Kosi Ec Sandra (Poland)

+65 kg
1. Markwell Emma (Great Britian)
2. Regent Katarzyna (Poland)
3. Ramselaar Roxanne (Holland)
3. Mazur Weronika (Poland)

Men
-70 kg
1. Brands Davy (Poland)
2. Escribano Carlos (Spain)
3. Kubica Pawel (Poland)
3. Arushanyan Artur (Armenia)

-75 kg
1. Madej Tomasz (Poland)
2. Swiatkowski Szymon (Poland)
3. Moczo Milan (Hungary)
3. Ghazaryan Emil (Armenia)

-80 kg
1. Serhiienko Illia (Ukraine)
2. Kulakowski Marcin (Poland)
3. Piesik Wojciech (Poland)
3. Collins Blake (Great Britian)

-90 kg
1. Mastaj Kamil (Poland)
2. Kryukov Yuriy (Ukraine)
3. Ivanov Georgi (Bulgaria)
3. Pekala Erwin (Poland)

+90 kg
1. Orstad Bjorn Eirik (Norway)
2. Gulyas Gyula David (Hungary)
3. Dimitrov Vasil (Bulgaria)
3. Orzechowski Jakub (Poland)

Kata Women
1. Lisowska Anna (Poland)
2. Resa Bienzobas Elisa (Spain)
3. Wiatrowska Anna (Poland)
3. Sierra Abad Ainoa (Spain)

Kata Men
1. Lamas Jon (Spain)
2. Gimeno Arroyo Daniel (Spain)
3. Cichy Lukasz (Poland)
3. Dotsenko lhor (Ukraine)

@Hotora86 @Tayski
Guys keep this thread on topic please.
While I am happy to post about karate combat in other threads regarding karate, this thread is about the sports of knockdown karate -recent tournaments, news and results.

@Hotora86 @Tayski
While I am happy to post about karate combat in other threads regarding karate, this thread is about the sports of knockdown karate -recent tournaments, news and results.

It's not our 2 posts from a month ago about Senshi and Karate Combat that are going to derail this thread about Knockdown news. I've been contributing a lot to this thread since its start and not many people do, so let's try not to police each other about posting 1 thing slightly off topic weeks ago.

@Hotora86 @Tayski
8ftRNN.gif

Former Glory champion Gabriel Varga returns to his Karate roots, and signs with Karate Combat.

Results from the EFKO European open championships held earlier this month-

Men
1 Eventas Guzauskas (Lithuania)
2 Paulius Zimantas (Lithuania)
3 Edgard Secinski (Lithuania)
3 Victor Belyaev (Russia)

Women
1 Lili Mezo (Hungary)
2 Aneta Meškauskienė (Lithuania)
3 Csenge Tóth (Hungary)
3 Alona Veresniak (Ukraine)

Results from the 4th WKB European Kyokushin weight category Championships held in Lezajsk, Poland on the 12th of December.

The 4th WKB European Kyokushin Championship Results

KATA MEN
1. Bartolomey Evgeny (Germany)
2. Kostenko Oleksandr (Ukraine)
3. Hadala Wiktor (Poland)

KATA WOMEN
1. Bilenko Olesya (Ukraine)
2. Masliaieva Kateryna (Ukraine)
3. Kondeusz Natalia (Poland)

KUMITE

Men -65 kg
1. Humbatov Eltaj (Germany)