Reccomended Muay Thai camps in Phuket

To be fair, I dont think TMT is the only gym in Phuket that does this type of match making. Not really sure what someone who has trained in Muay Thai for any period of time gets in beating up some poor thai who clearly hasnt trained or if they have it must have been around 10 years ago. Saying that I did see one farang getting the absolute crap kicked out of him by a thai construction worker who was overweight but unfortunately for the farang the thai guy had been a decent fighter when he was young and was hard as nails. So even for the jack Osbourne muay tourists who want to claim a win in thailand you can come unstuck sometimes.

I know they are not, but they have the reputation of being a non-hardcore fight camp.

I know they are not, but they have the reputation of being a non-hardcore fight camp.

TMT has hardcore fighters, its just that the gym is so large, has so many people coming to the gym, and having there first fight out of there that theres a lot of videos of farangs beating up fat Thais.

well, I don't see how 10K a month for training is a rip off.

I don't stay at camp. there are lots of options.

I am not trying to sell people on the camp. there are lots of great camps. I just want people to have accurate info

Was talking about the package deal for 50,000 baht a month which I believe is a rip off unless the accommodation is like a 5 star hotel or something. Yes 10K a month for training is pretty standard for Phuket. Not trying to knock on the gym or the quality of the training there. Never been there myself so can't give my opinion on that.

Was talking about the package deal for 50,000 baht a month which I believe is a rip off unless the accommodation is like a 5 star hotel or something. Yes 10K a month for training is pretty standard for Phuket. Not trying to knock on the gym or the quality of the training there. Never been there myself so can't give my opinion on that.

no prob. there has just been a lot of bad info about the cost of training there and I wanted to be clear.

I think most people will find 40K a month for on camp accommodation to be excessive. The rooms are managed by the Secret Cliff resort, located on the other side of the road from the gym. It's a 4 or 5 star type place and the hotel owner also owns the gym. In any case, somebody has figured out that they can rent out the bungalows near the gym to general tourists for much higher prices then they were getting from MT students. So that is what they have done. I guess hat's off to them for figuring out a good business model. But it is a shame for people who really like to have cheap accommodation directly at the camp.

there is also a new gym opening near Patong Beach called "Maximum" (well, actually there was already a place called that in Patong but the new location will be bigger and have a much more serious MT program... so I am told).

They will have a big weight area as well as MMA and Muay Thai programs. I haven't seen it yet but I do know some of the people involved on the MT side.

When I get a chance to check it out, I will share more info. It will give people an option right in the heart of Patong.

Back