Rear Naked Choke

nuvem

White Belt
Reaction score
Alright, so today me and my cousin went to park and some Thailand kids saw me and my friends just grappling and playing around. One of them asked one of us if we wanted to grapple, he was about 17+ at least. At first i said no then later, i decide i will grapple him. ( I'm only 15 turning 16, only MA i got experience is in wrestling. ) He went at me first but i got his legs and take him down, after rolling on floor for bit i saw a open spot to apply rear naked choke while he was on his stomach. I had it apply for about 10-15 seconds and he finally tapped. After the fight he was bleeding from his nose, now i'm positive i didn't get any hit on his nose by accident. Could the bleeding be caused from the rear naked choke?

Chances are you bumped his nose during the wrestling match or he is just a bleeder.

I dont know of any reason a standard RNC would cause a nose to bleed.

If he was on his stomach, his face was most likely rubbing on the ground. I've never seen anyone get a bloody nose from a clean RNC, but I guess its possible.

I rolled with a lad last night who told me he always gets a nosebleed when people put him in a triangle. I guess the blood vessels in some people's noses don't respond well to getting pressure applied.

I wouldn't be as worried about the bloody nose as I would be about you guys putting chokes on each other in a park. That stuff is serious buisness man. Inexperienced guys sometimes don't know when to tap and when the walls start to closing in sometimes it's to late. If the other guy holds that choke a little too long it's cutting off blood to the brain and I've seen some guys have some pretty adverse reactions to blacking out. You guys need to be doing this stuff in a controled enviornment under the supervision of people who know what they're doing, not at the park god knows how far from medical assistance. Don't mean to sound like a dick but you said yourself you have minimal experience and from the sounds of it you don't understand what the effects of a choke can have.

your opponent was probably a pervert...c'mon you guys never read/watched Naruto? We all know where nosebleeds really come from!

I wouldn't be as worried about the bloody nose as I would be about you guys putting chokes on each other in a park. That stuff is serious buisness man. Inexperienced guys sometimes don't know when to tap and when the walls start to closing in sometimes it's to late. If the other guy holds that choke a little too long it's cutting off blood to the brain and I've seen some guys have some pretty adverse reactions to blacking out. You guys need to be doing this stuff in a controled enviornment under the supervision of people who know what they're doing, not at the park god knows how far from medical assistance. Don't mean to sound like a dick but you said yourself you have minimal experience and from the sounds of it you don't understand what the effects of a choke can have.

In support of this, from the news today: BBC News - Security guard 'unlawfully killed Swansea shoplifter'

Back