Really bad sweet tooth, please help?!

Gtlax09

White Belt
Reaction score
I've been doing martial arts my entire life (Black belt in Tae kwon do, yellow belt in karate, currently training in BJJ) and I think i want to devote my life to mixed martial arts. But no matter how hard I try, I can not break this junk food habit that I have. :icon_evil I can live without chips and fatty foods, but my weak point is soda, candy, ice cream, and overall just sugary foods. i know this is really bad for my health, and I want to know how to beat it.
Thanks in advance!

My absolute saviour has been Green and Black organic chocolate, no e numbers or sugar or artificial crap and tastes fucking awesome. 500 cals a bar, i have 6 on my naughty day and still lose weight the following day. I used to have swiss rolls and massive whole nut bars which would rape me for a few days but feel so much better since limiting the damage.

crystal light can be a savior for you. their crystal light popsicles are very good as well

I've found that a cup of black coffee can curb my cravings for sweet desserts and such.

Other times I'll just stick to fruit when I want something sweet. I go through a lot of Mangos.

I've found that a cup of black coffee can curb my cravings for sweet desserts and such.

Other times I'll just stick to fruit when I want something sweet. I go through a lot of Mangos.

I wasn't sure that this worked.

Last night I was about to load up, had the sweets out and thought I'd try the coffee trick, it worked. And the caffeine buzz woke me up to really think about what I was doing.

Sweets binned. No binging for me whilst I recover.

Get the motivation to just stop eating junk food.

Whenever I have lost weight I havent even tried to do anything before I have the right attitude.

When you have the right attitude and motivation nothing and I mean NOTHING can stop you.

plain Greek Yogurt (or Skyr, but that's more expensive) + splenda + cinnamon + nutmeg = stir that shit up, mix well and enjoy.

I've been doing martial arts my entire life (Black belt in Tae kwon do, yellow belt in karate, currently training in BJJ) and I think i want to devote my life to mixed martial arts. But no matter how hard I try, I can not break this junk food habit that I have. :icon_evil I can live without chips and fatty foods, but my weak point is soda, candy, ice cream, and overall just sugary foods. i know this is really bad for my health, and I want to know how to beat it.
Thanks in advance!

Absolute rule #1, don't buy the shit.

I have the same problem that if it is in the house I will eat it. Make sure that you go to the market after you have eaten and stick to your list. It is much easier to resist once at the market than every day at home.

I wasn't sure that this worked.

Last night I was about to load up, had the sweets out and thought I'd try the coffee trick, it worked. And the caffeine buzz woke me up to really think about what I was doing.

Sweets binned. No binging for me whilst I recover.

I found out the coffee thing worked for me by accident last Thanksgiving. After dinner I drank a cup of black coffee to prevent the usual tryptophan coma I usually get after eating Turkey. After that cup of joe, my cravings for the pumpkin pie weren't as noticeable.

Black coffee got me through the x-mas season last year.

Slowly cut them out. At first I'd have a big piece of ice cream pie, then half a piece, then one of those hundred calorie ice cream containers, (raspberry is delicious btw). Then nothing. I still miss it but it's not hard to avoid anymore.

i thought i was the only one. since i've been eating healthier and exercising more, my sweet tooth has been more pronounced than before. very strange. for the most part i control the sweet cravings well, by keeping caloric intake in check, but i don't think i will ever be able to eliminate the reward every now and then of having some junk like a twinkie or candy bar.

Go for a teaspoon of peanut butter. Works well for me.

Also, another thing I've found has always helped when I have a strong craving for junk food is to ask myself, "Is this really worth it? I'm only going to enjoy this until I'm done eating it, and then I'm not going to get any benefit from it, and it's not helping me reach my weight goals."

Works like a charm.

flavored whey protein powder is your friend. use it to make bars, brownies, muffins etc.

Go for a teaspoon of peanut butter. Works well for me.

Also, another thing I've found has always helped when I have a strong craving for junk food is to ask myself, "Is this really worth it? I'm only going to enjoy this until I'm done eating it, and then I'm not going to get any benefit from it, and it's not helping me reach my weight goals."

Works like a charm.

but sometimes when you ask, "is it really worth it?", you say yes and eat it anyway :)

If you can find a trick that works for you, by all means use it. At the bottom of the line, though, the best way to curb is to basically not buy sweets and don't have any for awhile. Cold turkey on anything isn't pleasant but when you don't have it for awhile, it's not as appealing to you and you tend to not have those cravings consistently. Maybe try to dial it back to a small, controllable serving once a week. Give yourself something to "look forward to" with your food so you don't get that feeling of self deprivation manifesting in your mind but at the same time, make it a pleasurable, rare experience so you get a fix without staying hooked.

Mix Greek yogurt with 1/4 teaspoon lemonade flavored crystal light, top with 1/4-1/2 cup thawed frozen blueberries. Tastes like blueberry cheesecake.

Or Reese's Greek yogurt. Mix a cup of yogurt with a scoop of a tasty chocolate protein powder, add a tbsp or even two of peanut butter. Awesomes.

Skip the soda pop. Diet snapple and crystal light are your friends.

Sugar free jello cups can also be a life saver.

Oh and Protein Freeze is actually an insanely tasty ice cream substitute.

I do something similar to Envy.

Prior to changing my diet, I'd always crave something sweet at night after dinner. Usually it'd be one of those Smart Ones deserts or some yogurt covered fruit or something. I wouldn't eat a lot but it'd be junk food that's loaded with sugar.

Now every night I usually get some plain yogurt and drop a bunch of blueberries in it. Then I spoon up a little peanut butter then scoop up some yogurt covered blueberries. I look forward to that meal every day. Plenty sweet enough for me and it doesn't have a lot of carbs, any refined sugars, or hydrogenated crap. Once in a while I'll change up the fruit or the brands of peanut butter and yogurt I buy.

Back