• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Realistically, who is able to beat Charlie Olives?

I think if he comes back "Khaby Numby" would still dominate "Olives"

I just thought his style would be Charles' kryptonite.. Great TDD, great striking but BJJ wise.. he should be defensively sound to handle Charles?
Max would beat plenty of guys at LW. Don’t listen to that clown.

He's keeping that belt warm for Islam. One of the most predictable title fight outcomes of all time.

Nothing changes if Gaethje wins the belt, too.

On a good night anyone in the top 10

Oliveira is a tough guy but far from being unbeatable as the losses he already has in his record shows.

One could very reasonably argue that all his losses came before he peaked, though. I would favour him in just about any rematch.

Exactly. Dude is clearly great but no untouchable. Even Dustin showed some potential to win.

Its interesting because it was the exact opposite with the last champ. Its a good change of pace

I think offensively he’s capable of finishing any of the top guys, he’s dangerous everywhere. But defensively, he gets hit a lot and takes a lot of risks which put him in bad spots at times. I’m a fan of the guy but really confused why many seem to think he’s unbeatable at the moment.

Khabib would straight maul him. Happily initiate TDs and pass, smesh, pass, smesh.

Islam I believe isnt scared sitting in Olives guard either, cause you know he initiates TDs in that fight when he wants them. I like this fight a lot.

Justin can finish him early much like Porier about did. Justin also has way better natural TD and scrambling ability that Porier so theres that too. I cant wait for this fight to happen.

Im liking Fiziev a lot right now too but both Brad and Bobby touched him up pretty good his last two fights and although stocky, he doesnt look like a huge 55’er. He is not ready for Charles, need to see him win a couple more against top guys.

Dariush is a dark horse and I would love to see him fight Charles someday, somehow. His BJJ foundation might be be able to negate most, if not all Charles attacks. Im interested to see it.

On any given day its simple. Any of the below can beat him IF they have a good 'day at the office'. :
Gaethje
Chandler
Poirier
Makhachev

Because Person A beats Person B one time does not (necessarily) mean they'll beat them 5 times out of 5. 155lbs is a competitive division and there's plenty of very strong opponents for Oliveira.

I just thought his style would be Charles' kryptonite.. Great TDD, great striking but BJJ wise.. he should be defensively sound to handle Charles?

0-2 vs. Dustin
poirier_original_crop_650x440.jpg

Aloe Vera has been damn near Ko'd in the first round of his last two fights. Nothing about him looks unbeatable. I would bet any of the top 5 could beat him on any given day.

Chandler came close to doing so. I would favour Chandler in a rematch.

I think he beats Justin in similar fashion to which he beat Dustin. After that, should be interesting to see him vs really good offensive wrestlers like Islam and Dariush.

Justin gets the TKO in round one when they fight.

All a sudden Olive Oil is some unstoppable juggernaut? He'll lose his next title defense.

Good god I'm getting tempted to nuke my account reading threads today. Every god damn fight someone becomes unbeatable or a new goat or some other "in UFC/MMA history" superlative.

Back