Real talk with GGG

Anybody who thinks GGG is a simpleton nice-guy just because he speaks broken English is an imbecile. Same with Manny Pacquiao. They express themselves simply and directly because that is what their command of the English language allows. They are not stupid, they are foreign. They both speak at least 3 languages.

i don't think people think he's a simpleton but he does come off as an always smiling happy-go-lucky guy. This interview makes him seem much like a much colder guy who hates drama and media and almost seems annoyed by interviews

Good interview. Gennady seems less than happy about the drama surrounding the sport.

Anybody who thinks GGG is a simpleton nice-guy just because he speaks broken English is an imbecile. Same with Manny Pacquiao. They express themselves simply and directly because that is what their command of the English language allows. They are not stupid, they are foreign. They both speak at least 3 languages.

Nice guy thing has more to do with their million dollar smiles. GirlFallingOverFromInfatuation.gif

But seriously, both guys do seem to really enjoy being themselves. But they're still men who fight with their fists for money, so yeah - they have demons and shit that just rubs them raw.

But you'd never guess it from seeing Golovkin talk in public. Even if his English were better, he'd still act polite in interviews. His face-offs would be more interesting though.

Nice guy thing has more to do with their million dollar smiles. GirlFallingOverFromInfatuation.gif

But seriously, both guys do seem to really enjoy being themselves. But they're still men who fight with their fists for money, so yeah - they have demons and shit that just rubs them raw.

But you'd never guess it from seeing Golovkin talk in public. Even if his English were better, he'd still act polite in interviews. His face-offs would be more interesting though.

He seems like a sharp guy, a friendly guy, but I just think people make too many assumptions based on his limited ability to express himself in English (and his willingness to try instead of using a translator).

In that gay-bash thread Cuban made, he also accused manny of having never had an intelligent conversation in his life, and based it on Manny saying "uh" a lot when speaking English.

Manny and GGG each speak at least 3 languages. It is no surprise they are also smart enough to smile for the camera.

He seems like a sharp guy, a friendly guy, but I just think people make too many assumptions based on his limited ability to express himself in English (and his willingness to try instead of using a translator).

In that gay-bash thread Cuban made, he also accused manny of having never had an intelligent conversation in his life, and based it on Manny saying "uh" a lot when speaking English.

Manny and GGG each speak at least 3 languages. It is no surprise they are also smart enough to smile for the camera.
I bet I could beat Manny and Golovkin at Trivial Pursuit.

Yeah I know what you're saying. I used to work with a French prick who spoke English well but still wavered on some words. You could see how frustrating it was for him to have the *idea* that he couldn't express in my only language.

I felt the same way when I travel internationally. I'm moderately competent at thinking, but put me in France and I'm nothing but a big smile and hand gestures.

I also think I'd wreck Manny at Karaoke. But something tells me Golovkin takes the stage with "Dream the Impossible Dream" and gets carried out on the shoulders of fans.

I'll drink both of them under the table though.

13 year old, homeless cold-and-shaking-with-nothing-in-his-stomach-but-grain-alcohol Manny would be better P4P, but once he moved up weight classes he'd be put in the ground.

I always knew GGG was calculated and introspective, but his face is so inviting that it makes it easy for him to get his prey. Smiling at you as he disembowels your organs with sharp penetrating attacks. There was never any doubt in my mind the hard man he came to be, he is one who loves meat. He knows how to consume the flesh. He may have misunderstanding with how the western world views him, but if i was him he should use this perception to his advantage and turn it on their heads.

Back