Real Lin Kuei combat techniques are up there with top MMA fighting!

cool, you should buy ashida kim's books next and see what real ninjitsu was like.

Ashida kim is a fake, a phony. Most ninjas in real life were spies and acrobatic explorers. The Lin kuei warriors were the real deal!

Ashida kim is a fake, a phony. Most ninjas in real life were spies and acrobatic explorers. The Lin kuei warriors were the real deal!

pssh, grandmaster kim is universe-renowned and had the balls to offer a $20K challenge to swindle any fool impudent enough to be quickly parted with money.

I feel like if your ground game is based on kung Fu, you're off to a bad start

Ed Boon borrowed many ideas from 80's movies as well:

Shang Tsung from MK1:

NABNmJrp7hVYri60eIXUGx4Bq_PJK04hGUfH69oa9NThRNWPE50wWKmmOfXxO7mNgoA9PEo_fhLGEVcg1PoJH0OL4E4m-hQHoGFQ5auj3UE69bEQ9v6RFzQk8d53YWWK

Big Trouble in Little China's main villain:

FHAzqsNDQqAb8rQH4xfzSRkTvhWSCMWrOj2qGl2dI5d5GA64a788NVIEQIorI8ZzS_hOnes8LPzeGvK6jXlb9C4f2fFOdayPgiElWzLMES3C5NNFyYolITjXexg_DkxygYEDfp6n

5euL.gif

MK1's Raiden:
mkla0089.png

Big Trouble In Little China's villain:
HxB489M.gif

Big Trouble In Little China's Jack Burton:
gUbdtmK.gif

MK1's Kano:

What is the first image?

I ask because it's not showing up. The link is broken.

Shang Tsung from MK1:

NABNmJrp7hVYri60eIXUGx4Bq_PJK04hGUfH69oa9NThRNWPE50wWKmmOfXxO7mNgoA9PEo_fhLGEVcg1PoJH0OL4E4m-hQHoGFQ5auj3UE69bEQ9v6RFzQk8d53YWWK

FHAzqsNDQqAb8rQH4xfzSRkTvhWSCMWrOj2qGl2dI5d5GA64a788NVIEQIorI8ZzS_hOnes8LPzeGvK6jXlb9C4f2fFOdayPgiElWzLMES3C5NNFyYolITjXexg_DkxygYEDfp6n

5euL.gif

MK1's Raiden:
mkla0089.png

HxB489M.gif

gUbdtmK.gif

MK1's Kano:

Yeah man. Saw that on TV tropes. Mind blowing. Big trouble in little China is on my watchlist came out a while before I was born so, it wasn't considered "prescribed" reading, growing up. But after finding about lo pan being shang tsung and shit, I decided that I needed to watch it. Ed boon is a G. Too bad he had to put the joker and terminator in mk11.

At least not as depicted in popular culture.
They didn't exist at all. The Shinobi word refered to some espionage tactics known for everybody, not for secret Martial Artist clans that were used in different type of mission. That was invented for some guy in Japan

Last edited:
Yeah man. Saw that on TV tropes. Mind blowing. Big trouble in little China is on my watchlist came out a while before I was born so, it wasn't considered "prescribed" reading, growing up. But after finding about lo pan being shang tsung and shit, I decided that I needed to watch it. Ed boon is a G. Too bad he had to put the joker and terminator in mk11.

I agree with you. Ed Boon was great with MK1, but his recent works are mostly money grabs. Doesn't feel like the original MK at all, which was very creative and one of a kind.

In my opinion, they should have do a MK1 remake with MK11 technology, and stay with the realistic graphics instead of the shiny, colorful, but cartooney art.

Shang Tsung from MK1:
unnamed.jpg

Image13.jpg

5euL.gif

MK1's Raiden:
mkla0089.png

HxB489M.gif

gUbdtmK.gif

MK1's Kano:

Such a cult classic Big Trouble in Little China. Loved this movie as a child.

Still waiting to see some Tekken moves inside the octagon. And yeah, it's possible, no ones good enough to do them though

ninjas have always been from japan. a famous assassination involved a ninja waiting, and hanging suspended above a cesspool in a famous lords toilet for a couple of days. when he was sure it was his target sitting on the throne, he used a spear from underneath, and killed the lord, then he dropped deep into the crap and waited there until the guards searched, gave up, and finally removed the body. then he escaped.

does that sound like an exciting job?

ninjas have always been from japan. a famous assassination involved a ninja waiting, and hanging suspended above a cesspool in a famous lords toilet for a couple of days. when he was sure it was his target sitting on the throne, he used a spear from underneath, and killed the lord, then he dropped deep into the crap and waited there until the guards searched, gave up, and finally removed the body. then he escaped.

does that sound like an exciting job?
the way i was told this story, is he was waiting IN the toilet, and stabbed his butthole with a sword.

Back