Read an excerpt about GSP in my new book, "Pound for Pound"!

Thracian

White Belt
Reaction score
Check out the first few chapters posted to CagePotato.com:

CagePotato contributor Brian J. D’Souza has spent years covering MMA around the world, interviewing some of the most compelling personalities in the sport. His new book Pound for Pound: The Modern Gladiators of Mixed Martial Arts focuses on five MMA legends — Georges St-Pierre, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Mauricio Rua, and Fedor Emelianenko — taking readers through their humble origins, rise to fame, and the daily agonies that fans never get to see. It’s a fascinating first-hand look behind the curtain, from a journalist who completely immersed himself in the sport in order to return with some never-before-told stories. We’re thrilled that our good friend Brian was able to pull this thing off, and we highly recommend that you check it out for yourself.

We’ve excerpted the intro and first two chapters of Pound for Pound after the jump, which cover Georges St. Pierre’s unlikely emergence as an MMA contender, and how Wagnney Fabiano and Victor Vargotsky became critical to his early development. Take a look, and if you want more, please buy a copy at one of the links below.

(continue reading excerpt on CagePotato.com here)

frontpagebook.jpg

interested in reading about Penn, Silva, Rua and Fedor most definitely!

Never realized Georges had all that turmoil going on in his life in between the Serra fights. Glad to see he stuck with it.

Great read TS thank you.

I wonder how BJ Penn evolved.

Was it more burgers, or less workouts=??? XD

But all jokes aside, it sounds interesting. I bet the Fedor part has a lot in it. Those Russians make nails look dull.

Never realized Georges had all that turmoil going on in his life in between the Serra fights. Glad to see he stuck with it.

Great read TS thank you.

Thanks guys. Again, I appreciate people reading the excerpt, and checking out the book trailer: http://youtu.be/mJ-4iwXnp78

Books are important to some MMA fans who like the history, or special information that they can't find elsewhere. I personally read a lot of books on boxing, because that era is gone.

P4P covers events from the very height of MMA in North America and Japan.

Brian

Back