Re-watched UFC136 and UFC138, where Thiago Alves is?

arridude

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I just re-watched Alves VS Papy Abedyi (UFC138).
ufc-138-alves-abedi-1.gif

3.gif

08_Alves_Abedi_09.jpg

I always been fan of the Pitbull for his agressive and powerfull striking style and in this fight he fucking mourdered Abedi. He first rocked him with some clinic strikes, dropped him and mouredered him with viscious fercious gnp and elbows on the ground and finally he choked him out.

I sincerely miss a bit 2010/2011 UFC years. And a lot veterans of today were at the top.
Look to some name on this cards and tell me guys if don't miss some of this fighters

UFC138
200px-UFC_138_in_Birmingham.jpg

Middleweight Mark Muñoz def. Chris Leben TKO (corner stoppage) 2 5:00
Bantamweight Renan Barão def. Brad Pickett Submission (rear-naked choke) 1 4:09
Welterweight Thiago Alves def. Papy Abedi Submission (rear-naked choke) 1 3:32
Light Heavyweight Anthony Perosh def. Cyrille Diabaté Submission (rear-naked choke) 2 3:09
Lightweight Terry Etim def. Edward Faaloloto Submission (guillotine choke) 1 0:17

UFC136
200px-UFC_136_banner.jpg

Lightweight Frankie Edgar (c) def. Gray Maynard KO (punches) 4 3:54 [a]
Featherweight José Aldo (c) def. Kenny Florian Decision (unanimous) (49–46, 49–46, 49–46) 5 5:00
Middleweight Chael Sonnen def. Brian Stann Submission (arm-triangle choke) 2 3:51
Featherweight Nam Phan def. Leonard Garcia Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28) 3 5:00
Lightweight Joe Lauzon def. Melvin Guillard Submission (rear-naked choke) 1 0:47

Supposedly fighting Al Iaquinta at 205 in NYC

Supposedly fighting Al Iaquinta at 205 in NYC

Good match up for him. I hope he will be back on track after his loss against Condit where he didn't look the killer of his prime at all.

Good match up for him. I hope he will be back on track after his loss against Condit where he didn't look the killer of his prime at all.

i`m a big fan of Thiago`s but I`m worried about this cut to 155.

You can drop alot of weight when you get off the juice.....so 155 just might be doable for him.
EVERY dude who was super muscular has been popped....Lombardo, Romero, Lesnar, Gleison Tibau, etc etc etc
I like Pitbull but he was definitely juicing...you'll see how much smaller he looks in his next fight.

You can drop alot of weight when you get off the juice.....so 155 just might be doable for him.
EVERY dude who was super muscular has been popped....Lombardo, Romero, Lesnar, Gleison Tibau, etc etc etc
I like Pitbull but he was definitely juicing...you'll see how much smaller he looks in his next fight.

I don't reckon that Alves got popped, but definitely he looked like a monster in the past.
Alves.jpg

Alves was an absolute beast back then. It's just too bad he primed out in an era that had the best ever version of GSP dominating it...

tumblr_m9cjikFiXX1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

No chance. I know most in here have the attention span of a goldfish, but Alves has the better technique. People think Edson just because of the recent fight with Giblert. Edson has a beautiful kicking game, but Alves has the better leg kicks.

alveslegkickslytle_medium.gif

BasicBoringCero.gif

Rumour has it he chops down trees with them.

This was a month ago...he doesn't look drastically smaller to me. Definitely smaller though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back