RDX (competition) Shinpads

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hi guys, so a conversation from another thread about shinpads spurred my idea for this thread. Im sure most everyone is aware of RDX Neoprene shin guards. I like to call them RDX Competition shinguards because to me it seems that is what they were designed for as the padding is softer and thinner than the cloth shinpads. I am wondering if anyone else out there has tried these or any other similar styles and what you thought of them? Also if you havent tried these before would you want to try these or just stick with the cloth ones for competition?

-thinner/softer padding
- fits like large ankle support

would anyone else consider buying the RDX shinpads after seeing my review?

Last edited:
I have the Venum ones. They are ok. Well built, but I don't like that the foam does not "mold" the shins because it is a bit stiff. Have not used them in years.

I have the Venum ones. They are ok. Well built, but I don't like that the foam does not "mold" the shins because it is a bit stiff. Have not used them in years.

do you mean these? I never saw them before, they look really nice. I would like to try them. You said the foam is a bit stiff and wont mold, the RDX foam is so soft/thin it only slightly molds. For competition they really kicked ass. its just surprising to me other brands havent come up with something similar, with all our technology now to be able to make a lighter, sleeker, aerodynamic competition type shin guard. These venum ones look pretty bad ass. were you using them for sparring or competition.

shinguard_kontact_evo_1500_4_3.jpg

would anyone else consider buying the RDX shinpads after seeing my review?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back