RDA won a SPLIT decision?

SteveColdStone

School of Self Awareness
@Silver
Reaction score
I had no idea the judges scored it a split. That is utterly insane. I predicted the judges would give Felder at least a round, but this really takes the cake. How the hell did somebody come away from this fight thinking that Felder had won?

In my mind it was quite clearly 5-0 RDA. I can understand (although I disagree) a round being given to Felder, but 3 rounds for Felder is a disgrace. Chris Lee is a joke and should never judge a fight again.

I could see maybe 49-46 at best but thought RDA won that handily. Not saying it wasn't competitive but he was clearly the winner. Chris Lee is a moron.

Someone help me out here, is he historically a bad judge?

Edit - I just saw the score cards. Chris Lee gave rounds 2, 3 and 4 to Felder. What the actual fuck.

Last edited:
I could see maybe 49-46 at best but thought RDA won that handily. Not saying it wasn't competitive but he was clearly the winner. Chris Lee is a moron.

Someone help me out here, is he historically a bad judge?
It was competitive but RDA was usually a step ahead and he was clearly sweeping the rounds. 1 round at the best for Felder but I think a trained judge should be scoring all 5 for RDA.

I know Sal D’amato has had his fair share of bad calls. I’ve heard things about Chris Lee but I can’t point to anything specific.

I had no idea the judges scored it a split. That is utterly insane. I predicted the judges would give Felder at least a round, but this really takes the cake. How the hell did somebody come away from this fight thinking that Felder had won?

In my mind it was quite clearly 5-0 RDA. I can understand (although I disagree) a round being given to Felder, but 3 rounds for Felder is a disgrace. Chris Lee is a joke and should never judge a fight again.
Not judges* It's just one judge that made it wrong.

This is why there are 3 judges, if one of them can't score the fight properly, the other 2 judges can make it right.

I don't see it as a huge problem. The majority is important, for example; 2 judges scored for Gaethje in the first round against Khabib, 1 judge scored for Khabib, that's a SD win for Gaethje in the first round, that's wrong because the wrong guy won that round, if the fight stopped after the first round, Gaethje was going to win the fight via Split Decision. Or Jon Jones won his last two fights based on wrong decisions by the judges, amongst those 6 judges, only 1 one of them made it right, and give the fight to Santos, other 2 ruined it by giving it to Jones. Reyes fight was even worse, 3 judges give it to Jones.

There are worse things than that.

Not judges* It's just one judge that made it wrong.

This is why there are 3 judges, if one of them can't score the fight properly, the other 2 judges can make it right.

I don't see it as a huge problem. The majority is important, for example; 2 judges scored for Gaethje in the first round against Khabib, 1 judge scored for Khabib, that's a SD win for Gaethje in the first round, that's wrong because the wrong guy won that round, if the fight stopped after the first round, Gaethje was going to win the fight via Split Decision. Or Jon Jones won his last two fights based on wrong decisions by the judges, amongst those 6 judges, only 1 one of them made it right, and give the fight to Santos, other 2 ruined it by giving it to Jones. Reyes fight was even worse, 3 judges give it to Jones.

There are worse things than that.
Yeah but you know what I meant when I said judges. Two of them scored it for the right guy but it’s worrying that there’s so much incompetence out there. Chris Lee has proven tonight that he is a poor judge. Sal D’amato has proven it time and time again. Those two guys have judged fights together and will judge fights together in the future. Sal got it right tonight but there’s a solid chance both Sal and and Chris will get both get one wrong at the same time and then a fighter will be screwed over.

Yeah but you know what I meant when I said judges. Two of them scored it for the right guy but it’s worrying that there’s so much incompetence out there. Chris Lee has proven tonight that he is a poor judge. Sal D’amato has proven it time and time again. Those two guys have judged fights together and will judge fights together in the future. Sal got it right tonight but there’s a solid chance both Sal and and Chris will get both get one wrong at the same time and then a fighter will be screwed over.
MMA is still new compared to boxing which is why sometimes they are using boxing judges, who doesn't understand anything about grappling and wrestling, and they are scoring the fight based on striking only. In time, they will have more solely MMA judges, that could fix somethings in the future. But even now today, boxing still has bad judges, that's kind of inevitable to have bad judges. Which is why Khabib the GOAT said;
''Judges are sometimes crazy you need to win every round or finish your opponent.''

MMA is still new compared to boxing which is why sometimes they are using boxing judges, who doesn't understand anything about grappling and wrestling, and they are scoring the fight based on striking only. In time, they will have more solely MMA judges, that could fix somethings in the future. But even now today, boxing still has bad judges, that's kind of inevitable to have bad judges. Which is why Khabib the GOAT said;
''Judges are sometimes crazy you need to win every round or finish your opponent.''
Chris Lee has been judging for well over 10 years though. It’s just incompetence. Khabib is an elite fighter with an extremely dominant style that leaves little room for interpretation. What he said is easier said than done. Judges just need to actually do their jobs. The people who become judges are usually there via nepotism. I don’t have high expectations for the future unfortunately.

The discrepancy between the scores is what makes it worse I mean at best Felder won one round,to somehow give him 3 when the other 2 judges scored it as a shutout is seriously fucked.
Agreed!

There are times in 3 round fights where one judge might have it 30-26 but another might have it 29-28. On paper one score depicts a mauling and the other a close fight.

It wasn't but for some reason the "judges" in MMA can score the fight the way they want too without any consequence of accountability.

Even Felder seemed surprised when they read it off which usually tells you something. Thankfully the right victor was declared, and the egregious error didn't actually cause any immediate harm. Now we just gotta hope that jerk off judge dosen't get tasked to judging fights again.

Take those two and pair with with Adelaide Byrde, and you've got the single most powerful force of incompetence in MMA history, ruining careers with the stroke of a pencil.

I personally had it 4-1 for RDA

I was shocked when Buffer said split decision. At least the right guy won though in the end, imagine if the split went too Felder, Good Lord :eek:

Back