• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RDA ruined the True Conor Era.

As a Conor fan I'm glad he lost to Nate, in the long run it made him better and he proved what he's made of by taking the tough matchup again.
Agreed, also showed he wasn't a little bitch by taking that rematch after he got schooled in the first fight. A lot of fighters wouldn't have

You are being the retard. 1 pound? So you actually watch this sport and don't know what weight cutting is still? Lmao why did I even Reply to you.

i know very well what weight cutting is, hence my reply.

perhaps you would like to enlighten me why nate cut a full 2 pounds of water more than he needed to, if he was so far over the 171 limit?

let me guess. nate was 185lbs at least, was dehydrating himself like crazy to make 171, decided to cut 16lbs to 169 instead of 14lbs to 171, right? because he really enjoyed his time in the sauna and wanted to drain himself further, right?

the reason this fight was a "welterweight" fight was because nate didn't have a camp and refused to also dehydrate himself to 155. not because he's a fucking welterweight, but because no camp + cut = shitty performance. he weighed in without cutting, just like conor.

now fuck off.

I think the loss to Diaz made him realize his own potential in the sport more so than before and doing the immediate rematch coming off the loss in that situation is something most fighters would avoid at that point in their careers.

Yeah it would have been interesting to see where he'd have gone within the UFC had he beat RDA. Probably would have looked to move up another weightclass for a title fight and go for 3 belts, but that never happened and now we are looking at a top MMA fighter crossing over to professional boxing to fight an all time great for a massive pay day and probably an early retirement.

What era?
A champ's era is defined by his first successful title defense.

Conor has no title defenses, he has no era.
I think McGregor has shown us that this is not absolutely true. The guy has dominated MMA discussion for years now, and we all know he will never even attempt to defend a belt. Saying the last several years haven't been the Conor Era in MMA is deny the obvious.

Right, it's RDA's fault Conor lost to best fighter ever, Nate Diaz.

<{1-16}>

RDA beat the brakes off of Nate. How the hell is RDA an easier fight than Nate?

If anything Conor dodged a bullet by ending up with the Diaz rivalry and letting Alvarez take out RDA.

Lets not forget Conor CHOSE Diaz, then agreed to a higher weight because he was so sure of victory

Lets not forrget he was offered other fights at 155 such as Cerrone, who he turned down instead opting to go for the one dimensional boxer thinking it would be easy work

I think McGregor has shown us that this is not absolutely true. The guy has dominated MMA discussion for years now, and we all know he will never even attempt to defend a belt. Saying the last several years haven't been the Conor Era in MMA is deny the obvious.
It's been, distinctly, the McUFC era, and I distinctly reject it.
Lines for title shots, champ defends in a timely manner. The belts aren't worth a fucking thing, otherwise.

By running away for a year and crying Into a pillow? Then coming back and losing even worse to nunes? Yea hater. Way better than conor beating the person who beat him, then winning another title after.
I was just kidding :)

As a Conor fan I'm glad he lost to Nate, in the long run it made him better and he proved what he's made of by taking the tough matchup again.

what tough matchup? Conor handpicked Nate AND the weight he wanted to fight at.

also RDA is always considered one of the biggest LWs ever but when it comes to spreading the legend of Gigantic Nate, then Nate Diaz all of a sudden is much bigger than him with an overwhelming two inch reach increase.

Read that entire post just to read "fight someone much larger ". Thanks for wasting my time . Funny how RDA had no issues beating this huge Nate Diaz pillar to post like an amateur

Plus there's no shame in Conor losing to a heavyweight

giphy.gif

Are you dealing with it?

what tough matchup? Conor handpicked Nate AND the weight he wanted to fight at.

also RDA is always considered one of the biggest LWs ever but when it comes to spreading the legend of Gigantic Nate, then Nate Diaz all of a sudden is much bigger than him with an overwhelming two inch reach increase.

Conor took the fight at 170 because Nate couldn't make weight, Conor has balls and didn't even have to take the fight. It was a risk considering his rise and fame.

You don't seem to understand the term styles make fights. Nate has durability, height/reach, and the boxing to counteract Conor's strengths.

Back