• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RDA is extremely durable, can beat Fiziev

Fiziev was gassing at the end of his fight with Green, RDA can get a late finish if he mixes his martial arts properly
But he didn't in his last fight against Riddell that was another war and his cardio looked much improved.

But he didn't in his last fight against Riddell that was another war and his cardio looked much improved.
He just learnt to extend his gas tank more evenly, that was the only real difference.

He's gonna have to fight him like he fought Pettis.

3 rounds definitely benefits Fiziev, 5 rounder RDA would prob pull away in round 4&5

Not only has RDA never been submitted, but ever since the broken jaw vs Clay Guida:

Paul Felder
Michael Chiesa
Leon Edwards
Kevin Lee
Kamaru Usman
Colby Covington
Robbie Lawler
Neil Magny
Tarec Saffiedine
Tony Ferguson
Eddie Alvarez
Donald Cerrone
Anthony Pettis
Nate Diaz
Benson Henderson
Jason High
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Donald Cerrone
Evan Dunham
Mark Bocek
Anthony Njokuani
Kamal Shalrous
Gleison Tibau
George Stropiloplilous

24 fights vs a killers-row and only 3 guys even did any real damage to him; Usman(130 strikes) & Tony(199 strikes) did it through attrition over 5 rounds, but only Eddie was able to actually hurt him and never actually dropped him!

Which begs the question, just how hard does the real hardest hitting 145er hit?

RDA may have fought the hardest schedule of all time, especially considering how historically deep 155 & 170 have been. All due respect to Hendo, Overeem, & Mousasi etc.

So much respect for this legend, & I think he is a live dog vs Fiziev if he is just as durable as before the layoff. Mix in takedowns, clinch against the fence, eventually wear him down for a late head-n-arm choke or win the last 3 rounds.

And if he does lose I hope he gets the Arlovski/Miller treatment of testing younger limited action fighters. Winnable fights.
If there is anybody that deserves the legends treatment it's RDA. The guy brings it every fight. He fought in the wrong division for years (WW). I don't care about the record he should be a certain HOF'er.

Bobby probably gave Fizzy a bit more trouble than Riddell did, which I think affects his tank too
Not really, he just went really hard for 2 straight rounds against Bobby and was spent. With Riddell you could see how his bursts were much more controlled, so he made adjustments to how he fights and his gas tank lasted well for 3 rounds.

I wonder who would have won between him and Conor o_O

I wish we would have seen it. I think I would give the edge to RDA. I think RDA, if clipped, would use wrestling/bjj to get it to the ground and get a sub or GnP finish.

That's my 2 cents...

Not really, he just went really hard for 2 straight rounds against Bobby and was spent. With Riddell you could see how his bursts were much more controlled, so he made adjustments to how he fights and his gas tank lasted well for 3 rounds.
I will have to rewatch both fights - I thought Bobby was a bit more elusive and had a good argument for winning the dec

Fiziev is a bit of an enigma b/c he's so light on his feet via the Muay Thia background but he's there to be hit - and he gets hit often.

Fiziev is certainly the sexier pick and style but I think RDA has one more spoiler left in him. Tough one, very tough, but I think RDA gets it done via ALLAH-HAM-DU-LIL-AH. errrr shit now that i picked against the Muslim guy I'm out of ideas. umm...rdA VIA father, son, & holy ghost? I dunno, something. RDA FTW!

If Fiziev doesn’t finish this in the first 2 1/2 rounds it could get bad for him. RDA doesn’t really get tired and has weapons in every phase of the game. I’m picking RDA to win by sub late in the 4th

RDA is a beast! Props to him.

I like both guys so in a way this is an unfortunate matchup.

Should be a great fight though.

RDA is tough af. I still remember him bismirching Nate Diaz

Imo Coner would have checked that chin like Eddie did, gone Bamby legs and put out quickly.

Will see if Fiz is really gonna cut it for the next level.

RDA (todays version) is still a grizzled vet and very tough in all aspects of the game. Built like a tank much like Fiz too.

If he can weather the storm for the first two rounds without getting busted up too badly I think he has a chance at taking the final 3 rds on a tiring fiziev. If this were 3 rds i'd be a lot more confident in Fiziev winning. But 5 rds and the experience RDA has in 5 rd fights adds a potential avenue to victory for an aging RDA i think.

He's also by far the biggest takedown threat that fiziev has ever faced. I think he wins, but who knows what he looks like after his injury and layoff

Last edited:
Man seeing that list makes me realize how underrated a guy like RDA is. Crazy the amount of elite level fighters on that list.

Fiziev seems a bit overrated to me.

Bobby Green held his own against him.

Back