Raw Veges + Fruit diet...

B

Brand Nizzel

I am considering changing my diet to consist of mainly raw veges and fruit. Don't worry about my protein intake, I will have the occasional can-o-tuna and whey...but I'm going to try to make the mainstay of my diet raw fruits and veges.

Does anybody have any insight on this type of diet? The pros and health benefits of it, and the cons? (Besides limited protein intake).

I just tried eating a raw piece of garlic and it was fucking torture, I had to hold my nose and I'm afraid that shit is going to burn a hole through my stomach and give me an ulcer. I actually feel kind of nauseas now...God damn, what'd I get myself into haha.

Is it safe to eat raw garlic on an empty stomach?!

I just tried eating a raw piece of garlic and it was fucking torture, I had to hold my nose and I'm afraid that shit is going to burn a hole through my stomach and give me an ulcer. I actually feel kind of nauseas now...God damn, what'd I get myself into haha.

Is it safe to eat raw garlic on an empty stomach?!

Why? Are you trying to repel women or fight Dracula?

Well, besides that "occasional" tuna and whey will not cut it for protein intake, what about fats? You will get plenty of carbs from fruit and veggies but man, are you trying to super slim up for summer or what? Look up catabolism.

I don't think the "occasional" can of tuna will cut it for 1g/lb of protein daily. And unless you're eating a shitload of avocados, like Striker said, where's the fat?

This diet sounds like a carbaholics dream. You are an athlete, right? And not a 2-pack-a-day supermodel waif wannabe?

I don't think the "occasional" can of tuna will cut it for 1g/lb of protein daily. And unless you're eating a shitload of avocados, like Striker said, where's the fat?

This diet sounds like a carbaholics dream. You are an athlete, right? And not a 2-pack-a-day supermodel waif wannabe?

Catabolism won't occur if I'm eating a sufficient amount of calories...anyway, I'm not focusing right now on putting on muscle or looking like a body builder or any of that. I just want to cut out all of the excess and crap from my diet and eat 100% clean. Cancer and health problems (specifically liver) also run in my family so I'm hoping a diet with lots of fruits and veges will deter that as well. Also I think fruit/veges diet will boost my energy and performance levels. I don't know if I follow the 1g/lb rule any longer, I don't think that much protein is nesacsary, I've been following the high protein diet most of my life. Anyway, nothin wrong with experimentin, right? How long should I stay on this diet until I should assess the results choose to stay/switch and etc?
I was planning on getting my fat simply from flax seed and fish oil supplements, along with beans and some nuts. Is that not sufficient? How much fat is necessary in ones diet?

This is similar to how i eat, but i eat only fruits, veggies, seeds. It's very simple to get enough protein, Fat and calories

Where do you get your B12 from?

There's plenty of soures. Bee Pollen, Spirulina, Chorella, nutritional yeast besides that it's very easy to supplement. A better question is where do meat eaters get there minerals? To get enough minerals and balance your internal ph you must have greens be a huge part of your diet and that's not the case with 99.9 percent of people

*sighs at this thread*

At the very least, how long do you think you will last on this diet, if you are forcing yourself to eat raw fucking Garlic!!! Imagine in a month, it doesn't get better, it gets worse, then you'll be back on the Burgers and junk more than ever before.
Do some research on the subject! What gives you the idea that just eating fruit and veges would be a good idea?

Swallow the garlic whole, like a tablet.

Catabolism won't occur if I'm eating a sufficient amount of calories...anyway, I'm not focusing right now on putting on muscle or looking like a body builder or any of that. I just want to cut out all of the excess and crap from my diet and eat 100% clean. Cancer and health problems (specifically liver) also run in my family so I'm hoping a diet with lots of fruits and veges will deter that as well. Also I think fruit/veges diet will boost my energy and performance levels. I don't know if I follow the 1g/lb rule any longer, I don't think that much protein is nesacsary, I've been following the high protein diet most of my life. Anyway, nothin wrong with experimentin, right? How long should I stay on this diet until I should assess the results choose to stay/switch and etc?
I was planning on getting my fat simply from flax seed and fish oil supplements, along with beans and some nuts. Is that not sufficient? How much fat is necessary in ones diet?

You need to do much more personal research before you make changes like this, don't be so impulsive...

Raw garlic isn't that hard. It sure does wonders for your immune system too! I love garlic though, ha! Maybe it's the Sicilian in me, who knows.

Anyway - if you want to really try the diet, go for it. To give it an honest run, I'd suggest trying it for at least a month. The first two weeks will be hard for the average meat eater but after that, your energy levels should increase and you shouldn't have any ill effects.

I'd add some nuts/seeds in there too maybe. Raw of course. This will give you some quality fat and vital nutrients. Good luck with it man. If you're looking for specific information or recipes, feel free to PM me.

Gorillas eat nothing but plants all day long, yet they have a huge amount of muscle mass...

Why is that?

Gorillas eat nothing but plants all day long, yet they have a huge amount of muscle mass...

Why is that?

The western lowland gorilla (Gorilla gorilla gorilla) subspecies consumes parts of at least 97 plant species. About 67% of their diet is fruit, 17% is leaves, seeds and stems and 3% is termites and caterpillars.

The mountain gorilla (Gorilla beringei beringei) subspecies consumes parts of at least 142 plant species and only 3 types of fruit (there is hardly any fruit available due to the high altitude. About 86% of their diet is leaves, shoots, and stems, 7% is roots, 3% is flowers, 2% is fruit, and 2% ants, snails, and grubs.

Gorilla's eat well over 30 pounds of food a day to get the proper proteins required and have a different physiology allowing them to use protein more efficiently

Source(s):
http://www.westonaprice.org/traditional_...
http://www.seaworld.org/animal-info/info...

The western lowland gorilla (Gorilla gorilla gorilla) subspecies consumes parts of at least 97 plant species. About 67% of their diet is fruit, 17% is leaves, seeds and stems and 3% is termites and caterpillars.

The mountain gorilla (Gorilla beringei beringei) subspecies consumes parts of at least 142 plant species and only 3 types of fruit (there is hardly any fruit available due to the high altitude. About 86% of their diet is leaves, shoots, and stems, 7% is roots, 3% is flowers, 2% is fruit, and 2% ants, snails, and grubs.

Gorilla's eat well over 30 pounds of food a day to get the proper proteins required and have a different physiology allowing them to use protein more efficiently

Source(s):
http://www.westonaprice.org/traditional_...
http://www.seaworld.org/animal-info/info...

Newsflash:Humans don't have the proper enzyme to break down cellulose.

&

This just in,humans are not gorillas.

Newsflash:Humans don't have the proper enzyme to break down cellulose.

&

This just in,humans are not gorillas.

wow, breaking news. next thing ya know, someone's gonna come up with something hot to cook with and name it something like "fire"

Humans are much more similar to Gorilas than any meat eatting animal. Chimps eat 60 percent fruit, 40 percent green leaves and share a 99.8 percent genetics as humans

Back