raw broccoli and bloating?

A

anti_clwntwn**

anyone experience bloating after eating raw broccoli? I started eating a lot more vegetables recently, and find that my stomach feels huge in the afternoon after eating. I searched and read that some people have trouble digesting some raw vegetables. I'm going to start boiling them tomorrow, but has anyone else had this problem? any other way to fix it? (ie digestive enzymes)

I've not had a problem personally. Just remember that veggies have a decent bit of water in them, too. That may cause a bit of bloat.

I just get crazy gas from raw broccoli. Try steaming instead of boiling, may help.

Raw broccoli is excellent to eat for training. Actually broccoli period is good for you.

If the raw broccoli is giving you problems just steam it, don't boil.

anyone experience bloating after eating raw broccoli? I started eating a lot more vegetables recently, and find that my stomach feels huge in the afternoon after eating. I searched and read that some people have trouble digesting some raw vegetables. I'm going to start boiling them tomorrow, but has anyone else had this problem? any other way to fix it? (ie digestive enzymes)

The sulforaphane found in cruciferous vegetables is usually the cause. Like Diomedes said, boiling is your best option; microwaving does the same.

One question. Did you just start eating this amount of it?

I find raw vegetables in general to be hard to digest. But the benefits far outweigh some slight discomfort.

And how long did you go without a big amount of fiberous greens in your diet. 2-4 weeks is the bloating point I see sometimes for people just starting into that amount ala zone or paleo etc. What's the rest of the diet look like?

Nothing worse than broccoli ass except maybe cauliflower ass or both combined.

I have actually driven my dog off the bed with a vegetable stealth attack.

I ate my broc boiled today and feel much better, thanks for posting guys.

Back