Raven Fightwear BJJ Gi

NumptyGolf

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi all

First review, I generally don't get a lot of new gear so this might be the only one I do!

Anyway, I thought I'd give a good review out for the Raven Fightwear BJJ Gi. I've owned mine for about six months now and used it twice a week for most weeks.

http://www.ravenfightwear.com.au/p/8744215/raven-white-pearl-weave-bjj-gi.html

My other Gi experience is with very basic judo Gis, so in comparison, this is a huge step upwards. I cannot compare this Gi to other BJJ Gis as I have no experience with them. As I'm still a white belt, I figured I would stay around the budget level. I also relocate on a regular basis due to work, so my training can sometimes be haphazard depending on where I am. Hence the budget decision.

But having said that, I don't believe there is anything budget about this Gi except for the price.

Pros:
Lightweight
Great Quality
Strong weave
Great fitting (I'm 65 kgs and an A2 fits nice and snug)
Pants are reinforced, have a great drawstring and fit very well too.

Cons:
I personally don't mind this, but it does get a little rough after repeated use (something I'm aware is a problem for certain people). I figure that BJJ is a combat sport, so softness is hardly a big concern, and if it was, some fabric softner would fix this issue.

I've worn this Gi in a couple of comps this year and had no issues with sizing or quality. It has held up really well despite very regular use.

I thoroughly recommend this Gi, and I am due to get a couple more as well so I can retire the basic judo Gi that I've been using in my rotation.

It's listed on the site for $84.95 AUD. Considering that I've paid $60 for a basic judo Gi which doesn't have good pants and is cut differently than BJJ Gis, I believe that the extra cost is worthwhile. The company also does discount codes from time to time, so check their facebook page for updates. From looking at their Facebook, Gis are $67.96 for a limited time.

https://www.facebook.com/Ravenfightwear

They also do custom colours and stitching, if that is your kind of thing, and MMA shorts/rashguards etc. with cool designs.

Happy to answer any questions!

Its always nice to upgrade Gi's. I never heard of raven but I use a Tatami pearl weave quite often and really like it.

If you are looking for cheaper but nice gi's, check out padilla and sons, I have their gold weave and its really a great gi.

Thanks ironwolf, I'll check it out, might make it a present to myself when/if I get promoted hah

Ive actually started to enjoy pearl weaves, they can be a bit stiffer/rougher than a gold weave but even though I inititially didn't like my pearl weave, I really like my tatami Estillo 4.

Its good to mix it up, gold weaves and pearl weaves are great.

Ive actually started to enjoy pearl weaves, they can be a bit stiffer/rougher than a gold weave but even though I inititially didn't like my pearl weave, I really like my tatami Estillo 4.

Its good to mix it up, gold weaves and pearl weaves are great.

The Tatami Estilo 4's are really great. I live mine and all our customers rave about theirs as well.

Back