Rate UFC 242 Khabib vs Poirier

Not exciting. Too many fights I don’t care about which isn’t the same as bad fights. They need another draw or I won’t buy

I wonder how the reception will be for the womens fight

Easy there. That word is commonly misused and you've done it too. Bigotry is about not tolerating others' opinions. The guy you quoted didn't show any signs of that. If he doesn't know the difference between Saudi Arabia and UAE, all it means is that he's ignorant on the subject.
I like you and couldn't agree more but unfortunately I've made many similar posts trying to show people the down side of jumping to conclusions and throwing out buzzwords that are so commonly misused at this point they've almost lost all meaning.

Sadly it's an exercise in futility and the response (if you get one at all) will likely be nothing but insults and more baseless accusations.

The holier than thou internet humanitarians seem to be very quick to resort to insults and bullying tactics when challenged by facts, haha, its quite amusing really.

Lol look at this bigot that doesnt know the difference between Dubai and saudia Arabia
Where’s the biggot part, you think all those muslims fighters are on there by luck? nah dubai wants to see their own ppl win.

in b4: you point out the fact that I wrote the wrong country again since its all you got.

Bitching about Muslim pandering when the ufc is just trying to break into a new market and confusing two huge very different countries because brown people and muslims. He is a bigot
nice mind reading there bro, you ever think maybe I thought they were going to Saudi arabia regardless of their skin color, nah that would be too logical

Easy there. That word is commonly misused and you've done it too. Bigotry is about not tolerating others' opinions. The guy you quoted didn't show any signs of that. If he doesn't know the difference between Saudi Arabia and UAE, all it means is that he's ignorant on the subject.
yea that dudes stupid, I honestly thaught they were going to saudi arabia and this guy equates it to skin color LOOL

makes you wonder who’s being bias.

uhhh other than the ME....

what the fuck?

Outside of the Khabib fight, it’s pretty bad.

Heavily main event oriented but the main card at least has many interesting matchups. And the ME is one of the best fights you can make in the current UFC landscape.

I give it a 6.5/10.

Just like ninety percent of the cards we are fed..... 5 outa 10.

If I happen to be home and bothered to stream it.... great, it's MMA.

If I miss it.... not really bothered

#Apathy

Yeah it needs a bigger co-main for sure.

And why is Zabit not on this one?

6-7/10 overall but they should have added Zabit vs Brian to the card.

Didn't have to literally make every fight feature a muslim. Dumb considering UAE's population is 88% expat, a large chunk of them westerners. Hope they amend it.
Even put a fighter with the name muslim on the card too, just so the fans know which demographic this card is mainly for.. Even though most of us dedicated fans will still watch.

5/10 for me, this is just my personal preferences. Main event is awesome, the rest doesn't interest me a whole lot.

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Dustin Poirier - 10/10 Great fight.
Islam Makhachev vs. Davi Ramos - 6/10, - interesting fight.
Curtis Blaydes vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov - 5/10 interesting fight, hope it won't be a snoozer though.
Mairbek Taisumov vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira - 5/10 cool
Belal Muhammad vs. Takashi Sato - 4/10 somewhat interesting.
Khalid Taha vs. Bruno Da Silva - Don't care.
Teemu Packalén vs. Ottman Azaitar - Don't care.
Nordine Taleb vs. Muslim Salikhov - Don't care.
Sarah Moras vs. Liana Jojua - Don't care.
Omari Akhmedov vs. Zak Cummings - 5/10, only giving it a score because I met Zak in local MMA show, cool guy.
Magomed Mustafaev vs. Don Madge - Don't care.

Even put a fighter with the name muslim on the card too, just so the fans know which demographic this card is mainly for.. Even though most of us dedicated fans will still watch.

For the record, if this card is anything like the last time they went to UAE a decade ago there will be an abundance of dudes in dish-dashes with picnic table place mats on their heads and Cartier watches on their wrists mildly applauding the action while a truckload of drunken British dudes in golf shirts are going wild! So basically just another day in Dubai.

KSW/10

They should have signed Christian Lee, the guy who just KOd Aoki, to meet Muslim Salikhov at 155.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Back