Rate The Card: UFC Fight Night Hunt vs. Oliynyk (Moscow, Russia)

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Fight Pass Main Card:

Mark Hunt vs. Oleksiy Oliynyk
Nikita Krylov vs. Jan Blachowicz
Andrei Arlovski vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov
Thiago Alves vs. Alexey Kunchenko

Fight Pass Featured Prelims:

Mairbek Taisumov vs. Desmond Green
Rustam Khabilov vs. Kajan Johnson
Petr Yan vs. Jin Soo Son
Ramazan Emeev vs. Claudio Silva

Fight Pass Early Prelims:

Omari Ahkmedov vs. CB Dolloway
Jordan Johnson vs. Adam Yandiev
Merab Dvalishvili vs. Terrion Ware
Magomed Ankalaev vs. Marcin Prachnio

Please keep in mind that the bout order for this card has not yet been confirmed. With that being said, what do you guys think of the UFC's debut card in Russia? Most people expected some crazy PPV card headlined by Khabib, but this is much more realistic for a new market to the UFC that they don't know anything about. A Fight Pass event will be a good indicator on how well the UFC will do in a new territory. As far as the card itself goes, it isn't bad at all by Fight Pass standards. Can't wait to see Taisumov and I'm happy we've got Krylov back in the UFC. Looking forward to this one. If I had to rate this card, keeping in mind we're scaling the judging to Fight Pass level cards, I give this one a 7/10. What do you guys think?

Fight Pass Main Card:

Petr Yan vs. Jin Soo Son

Please keep in mind that the bout order for this card has not yet been confirmed. With that being said, what do you guys think of the UFC's debut card in Russia? Most people expected some crazy PPV card headlined by Khabib, but this is much more realistic for a new market to the UFC that they don't know anything about. A Fight Pass event will be a good indicator on how well the UFC will do in a new territory. As far as the card itself goes, it isn't bad at all by Fight Pass standards. Can't wait to see Taisumov and I'm happy we've got Krylov back in the UFC. Looking forward to this one. If I had to rate this card, keeping in mind we're scaling the judging to Fight Pass level cards, I give this one a 7/10. What do you guys think?

6/10

The only 2.5 really interesting fights matchup-wise are: Oleinik-Hunt, Kuschenko- Alves, Krylov-Ian (this is half since I don't really believe in Krylov)

Last edited:
6/10

The only 2.5 really interesting fights matchup-wise are: Oleinik-Hunt, Kuschenko- Alves, Krylov-Ian (this is half since I don't really believe in Krylov)
[/QUOTE]
No interest in Taisumov or Yan?

No interest in Taisumov or Yan?

I have interest in them, but not in the matchups.
Newcomer will be rekt by Yan and god save us from Green imposing his will on Taisumov. Ew

Last edited:
Fight Pass Main Card:

Petr Yan vs. Jin Soo Son

Awesome to see Krylov, Taisumov, Khabilov, Abrek, Oliynyk, Akhmedov and Dvalishvili back in there

Very excited for this card

if only they’d add Eddie Wineland vs. Megan Anderson @FW

6/10. that's being generous, the main event doesn't get me hyped at all. and the other fights are guys that are contenders vs guys who should lose

Awesome to see Krylov, Taisumov, Khabilov, Abrek, Oliynyk, Akhmedov and Dvalishvili back in there

Very excited for this card

if only they’d add Eddie Wineland vs. Megan Anderson @FW
Jesus H Fuck Plexico

Newcomer will be rekt by Yan and god save us from Green imposing his will on Taisumov. Ew

I remember Huerta, Taisumov’s corner man, basically giving up on his fighter midway through the Prazeres fight. This was before Taisumov’s insane KO streak.

Roger was SCREAMING at him to get up/ defend takedowns.

Don’t want to see that again. Green has some strong grappling, as he showed against Prazeres, who is a lead blanket on the floor

I remember Huerta, Taisumov’s corner man, basically giving up on his fighter midway through the Prazeres fight. This was before Taisumov’s insane KO streak.

Don’t want to see that again. Green has some strong grappling, as he showed against Prazeres, who is a lead blanket on the floor

One hope is, that Prazeres is much bigger than Green.

I vividly remember that fight. While Taisumov did seem to give up on himself well before Huerta did, it was still embarrassing to watch a coach give up on his guy like that. Who woulda thought Taisumov would be the guy he is today. Feared by many, visa-less and a KO machine.

It's fight pass so I'm going to pass on rating it because it won't be a flattering number. .. plus in Russia- my momma says if you don't have anything nice to say well then don't say anything( or rate in this case)....

I think Green should be worried about imposing his will on his cell mate in jail.
dldtbaaxoae8f1w.jpg

I think Green should be worried about imposing his will on his cell mate in jail.

DES_Green.png

yeah, this too, definitely.
I don't know why he's still official as an opponent.

Hopefully that will bring more interesting matchup...if it's some Soviet outside of UFC, then the best would be ACB champ, Abdel-Aziz Loremipsumov

Back