Rate The Card: UFC 196 dos Anjos vs. McGregor

Yeah, the undercard to the 2 title fights is what caused the 8/10 for me. I originally posted a 7 but I thought that was harsh.

There's some interesting fights though. Villante/Latifi, Miller/Sanchez, Anderson/Lawlor, Elkins/Skelly, Thatch/Siyar and Valentine/Nunes.

It just needs one more very good fight featuring elite opponents. With a Browne vs Jds or Vitor vs Jacare it'd be amazing.

BTW it did have one of those fights in Ferguson vs MJ. Losing that fight dropped the card from all time great to pretty good.

I am not going to watch the rest of the fights. I don't care for any of the other fights.

There's some interesting fights though. Villante/Latifi, Miller/Sanchez, Anderson/Lawlor, Elkins/Skelly, Thatch/Siyar and Valentine/Nunes.

It just needs one more very good fight featuring elite opponents. With a Browne vs Jds or Vitor vs Jacare it'd be amazing.

BTW it did have one of those fights in Ferguson vs MJ. Losing that fight dropped the card from all time great to pretty good.
Very true. I love Latifi/Villante and Thatch/Siyar but like you said one more "very good" fight would have put it over the top. Like Petey said, I think we've been spoiled lately with every McGregor card being stacked.

7/10. Two very interesting fights and nothing else.

PPV Main Card:

Rafael dos Anjos vs. Conor McGregor- LW Title Fight Love it
Holly Holm vs. Miesha Tate- WBW Title Fight Like it
Corey Anderson vs. Tom Lawlor dont care
Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Schevchenko like it
Darren Elkins vs. Chas Skelly dont care

FS1 Televised Prelims:

Ilir Latifi vs. Gian Villante dont care
Brandon Thatch vs. Siyar Bahadurzada dont care
Erick Silva vs. Nordine Taleb dont care
Vitor Miranda vs. Marcelo Guimares dont care

Fight Pass Prelims:

Jim Miller vs. Diego Sanchez like it
Jason Saggo vs. Justin Salas dont care
Julian Erosa vs. Teruto Ishihara dont care

First and foremost as always, this bout order is not official. It's purely for the sake of the thread. With that being said, now that UFC 196: dos Anjos vs. McGregor is finalized, what do you guys think of the PPV card centered around Conor's LW debut? It's very top heavy imo. The main and co-main are great obviously since it features two title fights but outside of that I'm left feeling a bit underwhelmed by it. It would have been nice if the UFC worked to add one more higher profile fight to it but with two title fights and one of them being the UFC's biggest current draw it's easy to see why they felt they could leave a bit to be desired as far as the rest of the card goes. The prelims on the other hand, is packed with quite a few exciting matchups that will surely draw in a few more PPV buys. If I had to rate this card (on the PPV scale of course) I'll give it a 8/10 due to the title fights but if it didn't have the main and co-main it has, I don't think it would do very good at all.

What do you guys think?

Id give it a 7/10 without a conor rda but with them a 9

Very true. I love Latifi/Villante and Thatch/Siyar but like you said one more "very good" fight would have put it over the top. Like Petey said, I think we've been spoiled lately with every McGregor card being stacked.

Ferguson vs MJ was that fight imo

superb main event, nice co main, got thatch and erick silva fighting too, awesome

9 or 10

THIS IS THE FIRST SUPERFIGHT IN UFC HISTORY
THANK YOU MCGOAT FOR DOING WHAT ALL OTHER CHAMPIONS FAILED TO DO
10/10

2 Wmma fights on the main card. Ill give it a 5.

How the fuck is Skelly vs. Elkins on the main card?

I actually enjoy watching all the fights whether its FP prelims, FS1 prelims or the main card as long as the platform fits the significance of the fight which in this case it doesn't.

I'd give it a 9/10 without the Skelly vs. Elkins fight.

Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Schevchenko is the only fight I care about outside the Main and Co main on the PPV card.

Solid prelims though. As a Conor fan, its a 10/10 because his very presence gets my juices flowing. But a 8.5/10 otherwise.

How the fuck is Skelly vs. Elkins on the main card?

I actually enjoy watching all the fights whether its FP prelims, FS1 prelims or the main card as long as the platform fits the significance of the fight which in this case it doesn't.

I'd give it a 9/10 without the Skelly vs. Elkins fight.
Read the whole OP. The bout order is TBD.

If Conor RDA fall out I'm getting a refund for my ticket.

8/10
Can't wait for the main event, really interested in Holly-Miesha and kind of care about Lawlor-Anderson.

Should be a fun ass night of fights.

This is how I would do the bout order if I was in charge

UFC 196- dos Anjos vs McGregor
3/5/16
Main Card (PPV)
Rafael dos Anjos(c) vs Conor McGregor(c)
Holly Holm(c) vs Meisha Tate
Amanda Nunes vs Valentina Shevchenko
Tom Lawlor vs Corey Anderson
llir Latifi vs Gian Villante

Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 1)
Erick Silva vs Nordine Taleb
Brandon Thatch vs Siyar Bahadurzada
Darren Elkins vs Chas Skelly
Vitor Miranda vs Marcelo Guimaraes

Preliminary Card (Fight Pass)
Diego Sanchez vs Jim Miller
Julian Erosa vs Teruto Ishihara