Rate my bro science theory

• Thread starter Deleted member 501827
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 501827

So I was thinking that maybe follow up shots after a KO is actually the best thing for a fighters career. Allow me to explain...

So oftentimes we see a guy get viciously KO'd and shut off and then can no longer take a shot after that. Could this be simply because of a learned behavior/defense mechanism of the subconscious brain? Because no follow up shots are delivered the brain stays off and is tricked into thinking that when you are hit and taking damage that is the time to shut off to stop the damage and is a time to rest. But when there are follow up shots your brain keeps you conscious to continue to fight to survive. We see this all the time guys wake up when they take follow up shots. When they take follow up shots the brain will be tricked into thinking it cannot rest and more damage is coming so it has to stay on thereby keeping the fighters "chin" intact for future fights.

I wonder how much of this losing your chin has to do with a physical impairment and how much is a learned defense mechanism of the brain that can be unlearned. We can probably prove this by looking back at past examples of guys that did receive follow up shots and guys who didnt and compare how their chins were effected after that. Maybe guys who did receive follow up shots actually fared better.

Just an example of each,

Chuck Liddell got shut off by Rashad with no follow up shots and could never take a shot after that.

Fedor got shut off by Henderson but took follow up shots that woke him back up and was still able to take massive damage from Maldonado and keep going.

So I was thinking that maybe follow up shots after a KO is actually the best thing for a fighters career. Allow me to explain...

Ok please explain your hypothesis.

So oftentimes we see a guy get viciously KO'd and shut off and then can no longer take a shot after that.

Shut off is not really defined (relative to KO'd), and I would like to see your sources regarding the correlation to "no longer take shot after" claim.

Could this be simply because of a learned behavior/defense mechanism of the subconscious brain? Because no follow up shots are delivered the brain stays off and is tricked into thinking that when you are hit and taking damage that is the time to shut off to stop the damage and is a time to rest. But when there are follow up shots your brain keeps you conscious to continue to fight to survive.

I've pinged Miguel Nicolelis and Fred Gauge. They both say you need to chill, brah.

We see this all the time guys wake up when they take follow up shots. When they take follow up shots the brain will be tricked into thinking it cannot rest and more damage is coming so it has to stay on thereby keeping the fighters "chin" intact for future fights.

>confirmation bias

I wonder how much of this losing your chin has to do with a physical impairment and how much is a learned defense mechanism of the brain that can be unlearned.

Maybe people get knocked out because they get older and worse? God forbid.

We can probably prove this by looking back at past examples of guys that did receive follow up shots and guys who didnt and compare how their chins were effected after that. Maybe guys who did receive follow up shots actually fared better.

Just to be clear, we're talking about a theory that a guy who get's punched MORE after they get KO'd will fare better.

Just an example of each,

Chuck Liddell got shut off by Rashad with no follow up shots and could never take a shot after that.

mmmm, Chuck was drinking quite a bit toward the end there. It might have had an effect.

Fedor got shut off by Henderson but took follow up shots that woke him back up and was still able to take massive damage from Maldonado and keep going.

Mmmmhm.

So the reason my egg mcmuffins take so long to get made is because youre thinking about garbage like this all day.

didnt-read.gif

Ok please explain your hypothesis.

Shut off is not really defined (relative to KO'd), and I would like to see your sources regarding the correlation to "no longer take shot after" claim.

I've pinged Miguel Nicolelis and Fred Gauge. They both say you need to chill, brah.

>confirmation bias

Maybe people get knocked out because they get older and worse? God forbid.

Just to be clear, we're talking about a theory that a guy who get's punched MORE after they get KO'd will fare better.

mmmm, Chuck was drinking quite a bit toward the end there. It might have had an effect.

Mmmmhm.
slide_317276_2917102_free.gif

This seems like one of the many random thoughts we all have but decide to keep to ourselves because it seems silly and likely is.

Props to you for airing it though.

In regard to your theory, I'm no neuroscientist, but I don't see how follow up shots could be good, in the same way that I don't think slamming a car into a wall, throwing it in reverse, and slamming it into the wall again could be good.

Back