Rate my breakfast

TexDeuce

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Ok here is pretty much my breakfast every day--------its a shake. Mind you I strive to eat healthy.

3/4 cup skim milk
1 scoop protein (23g)
1 banana
1 packet carnation instant breakfast
1/2 cup fat free yogurt
*If chocolate that day, I put a tablespoon of low-fat peanut butter in there as well

What are your thoughts? Pro's, con's, all comments are welcome.

*I also eat go lean oatmeal my kashi on occasion which is pretty healthy.

I eat any food I can get my hands on Except fast food and soda...but besides that it's fair game.

TexDeuceII said:
Ok here is pretty much my breakfast every day--------its a shake. Mind you I strive to eat healthy.

3/4 cup skim milk
1 scoop protein (23g)
1 banana
1 packet carnation instant breakfast
1/2 cup fat free yogurt
*If chocolate that day, I put a tablespoon of low-fat peanut butter in there as well

What are your thoughts? Pro's, con's, all comments are welcome.

*I also eat go lean oatmeal my kashi on occasion which is pretty healthy.
Looks pretty good. I eat Egg Beaters with chopped-up onions and some hot sauce on top. Oh yeah, I eat some low-fat yogurt after that. What kind of protein do you use?

What's with the carnation? If you have protein and the other stuff, I don't really see much of a reason for it.

More carbs please...Unless your oat meal is 1/2-1 cup

you need some slow burning carbs in the am add oatmeal real oats not the instant full of sugar crap

Richard Emling said:
you need some slow burning carbs in the am add oatmeal real oats not the instant full of sugar crap

How much of oatmeal oats should I add? What is wrong with carnation besides the sugar content? It has a bunch of shit in it that is pretty good for beginning the day.

Yogurt equals sugar unless it is light and carnation is the same way. Eat something like eggs, oats, milk and a multi. Maybe some fruit too.

Try this for your next breakfast (same theme as yours, better nutritional profile)

1 cup dry yield rolled oats
8oz skim milk
2 scoops whey protein
1/2 cup plain yogurt (ditch the fat-free sugar bombs)
1 banana

I have noticed that no one is criticing the amount of dairy being used. I have read all over these forums that dairy inhibits your body's ability to digest protein, and should therefore not be used in proteign shakes.

Listen to No Fate. You need more carbs in your breakfast. Only about 15-20 percent of your calories need to come from protein, and about 60 percent from carbs.

Focusing too much on protein is a sure-fire way to inhibit your performance. Why do you think the bottom three sections of the food guide pyramid are all carbs?

get rid of that instant breakfast crap and get some good oats , maybe some days swticth the protein powder with 3 eggs

mine:
2 pack of sambazon pure acai
1 banana
bit of soymilk
1 fluid oz of noni juice

blend all... dump it in a bowl. sprinkle 2 tablespoons of hemp seed nut. top it off with bit of granola.

*food of the king*

eat whole fat yogurt. I don't believe in removing the fat from foods that have it present naturally. other than that, I just don't like the lack of real food. carnation instant breakfast and a protein shake? that's not breakfast. 4 eggs and a fruit smoothie and some fish oil = breakfast.

i just drink a half shake (30grams carbs 10gramsprotein) then i go train bjj and after that ill eat some real food and another shake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back