Rashguard(s) advice needed

Bama Zulu

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Vitamins & Minerals have good rashguards, also Keiko Raca and Gemeness are good quality.
You might aswell buy one of them, the price is reasonable plus you won

that top looks like a polyester t-shirt, other than the sprawl loose fitting grappling tops, I haven't heard too much good about rashguards that aren't pretty snug (understatement of the century).

search the equipment discussion forum for good recommendations, in case you're too lazy, here's a rundown of good brands:

nogi.com
xfgear.com
SSF.com
sprawl loose-fit
vitamins and minerals

Nogi, xfgear, and ssf.com owners/operators all post regularly here on the site, same with sprawl and ssf.com, so if you want to give a little back, buy from those guys or order one through ssf.com

You can't go wrong with any of these brands, and I guarantee you you'll get more for your money out of a good rashguard than you'll get out of that starter junk (i.e. you'll spend 40 bucks in starters because of rips/tears in 3 months while you'll take a rashguard through a whole year of training).

I was looking at the loose fit sprawl top but I am going to wear this under a gi so I don't really know.

The Vitamins and Minerals ones look so damn sweet, I like the simple stuff.

Bama Zulu said:
I was looking at the loose fit sprawl top but I am going to wear this under a gi so I don't really know.

The Vitamins and Minerals ones look so damn sweet, I like the simple stuff.

The vitamins and minerals rashguards look really good, and the guard itself holds up well, but one of my good friends in our class has one and his logo is peeling all to hell, he's had it about 3 months, so I guess that's kind of to be expected, but none the less, it takes away from the overall look. It makes me feel kinda good though, because I know we've had some good scrambles :icon_twis

The walmart one looks like a t-shirt, but says it's a compression fit, so it will fit like Under Armour. That mositure wicking fabric is good for under a gi, I use an NFL equipment one like that.

The zero gear one looks like it'd stand up a lot better, but that probably won't matter under a gi, even a cheap one will last a while. If you do no gi, the cheap one will probably rip in a few weeks.

i got a walmart rashguard for like $8 and they are great, i've used it for a year already and it's still fine. cant beat $8 for a rashguard.

Alright I think I'm going to get the short sleeve xfgear.com one.

Would it be more wise to get a long sleeve one for under the gi?

Also the size chart says that I need a XX-Large, but it only goes up to X-Large, I am 220LB but I am 6'2 with athletic build.

don't get the walmart ones ... you are better off putting up 30-35$ for a good one it will last much longer i get my from xfgear.com

Bama Zulu said:
Ok, I'm tired of wearing just a white beater under my gi so I decided I'm going to get a rashguard.

I'm looking at the WalMart ones (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...8:133197:136328#Choose+Color,+Size+&+Quantity)

They are starter and good price, anybody use them?

Also I was looking at these ZeroGears (http://www.zerogear.net/index.cfm?fuseaction=detail&id=9968&product=46)

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

It's not a white beater son, it's a wife beater. I would get some Under Armour. Don't get cheap shit. I personally have Vitamins and Minerals rashguards. If you got some extra money and the patience to wait for a month for them to come from Brazil then they are good ones.

Bama Zulu said:
Alright I think I'm going to get the short sleeve xfgear.com one.

Would it be more wise to get a long sleeve one for under the gi?

Also the size chart says that I need a XX-Large, but it only goes up to X-Large, I am 220LB but I am 6'2 with athletic build.
i think x-large should fit you but you can contact them to double check ... and if you're getting it to wear under the gi i'd go with short sleeve (in the summer especially the long sleeve under the gi will make you gas too fast)

Nogi.com is having a really good sale on their Blade rashguards. Short-sleeve for $18.75, long-sleeve for $22.50

i use the walmart brand, got it for like $10..... i have to buy a new one like every 3 months or so but for $10 im not really complaining, those are good for practice but i use vit & min for tourneys just cause they look nicer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back