Rashguard/Fabric Softener question

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Leafs42084, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Leafs42084

Leafs42084 Blue Belt

Hi,

my first rashguard I got was a mizuno rash guard. It said on the label to wash normally, but not to do the fabric softener cycle. It made sense, since I wanted my rash guard to stay tough as long as possible

so thats just how I became accustomed to washing them. Even when I got my hayabusa's. But I was looking on the hayabusa label, and It doesnt mention not to use fabric softener.

Just want some feedback on what you guys do...

thanks for the inputs!

2. Mike MacDonald

Mike MacDonald Amateur Fighter

Just wash it with soap.

3. mvisit1

mvisit1 Blue Belt

Before I ever got a rashguard, I had Under Armour compression shorts. They said not to use fabric softener so it was kind of annoying washing the 2 pairs by themselves.

Now I wash all of my training clothes together with no fabric softener (4 Under Armour compression shorts, 2 Shock Doctor compression shorts, 2 Tapout rash guards, and 4 fight shorts)

4. Leafs42084

Leafs42084 Blue Belt

ive been using softener for my sprawl shorts.. do you guys recommend I dont?

5. mvisit1

mvisit1 Blue Belt

It's probably fine if the label doesn't tell you not to and you're washing them with your regular clothes. I just wash all of my training gear together because I don't like wasting water on one load of 6 compression shorts and 2 rashguards.