Rashguard care...

E

E C Monee

Ok so I bought a sprawl rashguard which I love, having never used one I go to look at the tag for the instructions on how to wash it and it states:

Wash in fresh water after each use. hand dry out of direct sun light.

Ok this tells me nothing as I hope my washer uses fresh water each and everytime and I hope none of you are washing your clothes in nasty dirty water. Anyone know the best way to wash these should I hand wash with some detergent soap machine wash on gentle or what? At the price these things go for I need it to last me so I can pass it down to my kids =).

Thanks hope this aint a repeat I did a quick search but found nothing.

-E

E C Monee said:
Ok so I bought a sprawl rashguard which I love, having never used one I go to look at the tag for the instructions on how to wash it and it states:

Wash in fresh water after each use. hand dry out of direct sun light.

Ok this tells me nothing as I hope my washer uses fresh water each and everytime and I hope none of you are washing your clothes in nasty dirty water. Anyone know the best way to wash these should I hand wash with some detergent soap machine wash on gentle or what? At the price these things go for I need it to last me so I can pass it down to my kids =).

Thanks hope this aint a repeat I did a quick search but found nothing.

-E

I suggest you don't machine wash it. Hand wash it.

I hand wash my rashguards inside out (to preserve the printing) and then drip dry them.

If you want to keep your rash looking fresh, you need to hand wash it inside out as Foppa says.
Bear in mind that almost all rash guards (I say almost but in reality I have yet to see a rash over twelve months old which hasn't..) peel their images or their images fade to nothing.
Don't use strong detergents as this will effect the garment.

I used to handwash mine, but I it never got as good as when you machinewash it. And the print peeled off more when I rolled than hen it was washed. So hygiene before looks :wink:

I wash my rashguards using some shower gel and hot water in my sink. I'll squeeze out the excess water and then leave it sitting on the towel rail. Works for me.

Go to Taget and get a bag used for washing womens panties and hose, you can then wash it inside out on the gentel cycle. Don't throw jeans and such in the load with the rashguards. The bag will protect it from snags. I have been washing the "test" SSF rashguards for over 6 months like this and they still look brand new.

www.SSFgear.com

Eeeh... well you live and learn.... not sure about going to buy something like that though....besides we don't have one of those this side of the Atlantic!

Thanks for the replies I guess I'll stick to hand wash until I decide to test out the gentle cycle and just wash it with my other grap_gear.

Odium said:
I used to handwash mine, but I it never got as good as when you machinewash it. And the print peeled off more when I rolled than hen it was washed. So hygiene before looks :wink:

Same here.
Started handwashing as soon as I got home and hanging dry. After about 10 wears I noticed it not smelling so 'fresh' when I was putting it on before class. Started machine washing (still hanging to dry).

Maybe I will try alternating or something, since the machine probably is harder on the rashguard than handwashing.

For you guys info.. You can go to surf shops and buy this stuff used to clean wetsuits and stuff. You put like a cap full in your bath tub with water (of course) then soak the stuff in it. It kills all the bacteria and knocks the smell right out. You don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anddrew
Back